Author Topic: Now THIS is a car built for speed!  (Read 8229 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Now THIS is a car built for speed!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »

Well yer but we arent talking about another country here, We are talking about Bowden and his collection here in Australia.

But we are talking about other countries, because you are comparing the perceived universal appeal/recognition of a Ferrari with a Torana.  :lol

Good luck to the guy though, if he can use the public to fund his hobby then go hard man.

Dick Johnson and his company declared bankruptcy 18 months ago so obviously he has resorted to doing whatever it takes to make ends meet - even as a de facto tour guide. It just goes to prove the traditional domestic race car market is too small to rely on for long term survival and the only way to both survive and grow is to adopt a more global mindset.

EDIT for your edit: Regional = Australia.

When it comes to high end cars, people need to think globally, not just locally.

Where did I say that exotic car collectors are above muscle car collectors? Sounds a tad on the defensive side.

DJR has always be run on a shoe string and is a true testament to him and his love of racing,He has always stated on tours the funds from the tours go to his race car development so I cant see the problem with that can you? he is really the last of the guys who are in it for the racing not the cash.
 but to your concern about his finances He is now hooked up with Penske who is entering this market from the USA So there wouldnt be too many Money problems for DJR now which I think he more than deserves when keeping DJR afloat

When it comes to high end cars, people need to think globally, not just locally.

Why do people need to think of the Global appeal when deciding what car they should collect? that is not what collecting is about at all

My reference to universal appeal did at no way reference offshore appeal because I couldn't personally care less what a care is worth In dubai
 But you are silly to think that a collection like Bowdens isnt impressive or less than a collection of Ferrari and Lambo's.
What makes his collection better than most in this country is not because of what maker the cars are but more importantly because what the cars are them selves and the attachment many Australians have to such cars.

Whilst you made no direct reference to exotics over muscle cars there was few references that suggested as much which you know were on the cheeky side so we dont need to play Koi

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:24:06 PM by guyricho »