Author Topic: Stern Playboy Reconditioning  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern Playboy Reconditioning
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
The cabinet is stripped and all the parts are washed, tumbled and then re installed. A new power cable and plug are installed. The cabinet flipper switches needed to be replaced, they were pitted and fall apart as I was stripping the machine (stripping  *)*)

Once everything is cleaned, I re install the hardware.

The door needed to be repainted. I completely strip all the parts, clean and repair anything that is broken or needs replacement. I try to match the original finish.

.. and I'm done ! - Just need to align the coin entrance plates.

The playfield is COMPLETELY stripped. All posts, parts and the Pop Bumpers. This is the FIRST place I ask prospective buyers to look when purchasing a machine. The most visible shortcut. The playfield is cleaned and then polished. This takes around an hour or two. The metal guides MUST remain in the playfield as removing them can sometimes lift sections of the playfield around the holes. These are usually very dull, but as i polish the playfield, they begin to shine !

It is often the smaller details that make the difference. The gold beads on the "peek a boo" window are not new. They were tumbled and look BETTER than new ( I bought a new set and they don't look this good !)

Pop Bumpers rebuilt with new parts.

Coming  *)* together nicely !^!

Goody Bag ! This game is going to have a new plastics set, clear plastics set, picture set and lane guides.

End of second update !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia