Author Topic: Stern Playboy Reconditioning  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern Playboy Reconditioning
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »
The testing phase was completed with everything operating normally, and the game playing really well. I usually play 20 - 50 games to iron out any faults, or make any adjustments.

The #47 globes on the back wall are the yellow globes as per factory. A little more expensive, but they look great !

Cabinet is done as well. DMD is sharp and it plays like a wet dream  @@^

New plastics set makes a HUGE difference

What I find most annoying it the presentation of some games that are described as "done up", "shopped", "reconditioned" or even "restored" and the flipper kits are not replaced. The old plungers, links and coil stops are filed and tumbled. The kits are expensive, but they MUST be replaced !

All mechanisms are rebuilt, cleaned and worn and broken parts are replaced

I've installed the aftermarket Stern siderails. these hide the wear and look MUCH better. Also genuine black pincab protectors are used.

Bling shots !

I replace those horrible metal slingshot washers (as they don't seem to work all the time !) and replaced them with the CPR clear version. they look MUCH better. The plastcis set for this game was EXPENSIVE as I needed the clears as well, but the entire game looks so much better !

Last shot before it goes off to the new owner in country Victoria !

A few comments regarding the game - I had never played a 100% working Playboy, and although I would not have one in my collection, it is definitely a FUN game to play. It does suffer from the old Stern way of thinking - "Give the player EVERYTHING on the first ball", but it can be configured to be harder if needed. It flows well and it is FAST. I really enjoyed the company of the playmates, and I look forward to the next Playboy reconditioning !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia