Author Topic: Terminator 2 playfield resto - Part II  (Read 4817 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Terminator 2 playfield resto - Part II
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »
OK,

Two photos below are area in question.  The first (area near ball lane armature) was a bit of concern.  I found a bit of a crack through timber as I guess the constant thumping / movement of the arm has caused this.  Might be an idea for other T2 owners to check too.

You can see the marks / dirt I am talking about.  I have gone over with ME quite hard without value.

So ME does not lift the dirt - it looks to have created a "track".

On older machines without clearcoats, I roll some 800 grit around the skinny end of an old billiard cue and "sand away" the dirt. But I would not recommend this for your game. It looks like the dirt in the upper section is embedded in the cracks of the clearcoat ?

I think your 100% right Nino.  I've lightly sanded back where the crack on top was (has been fixed underside with a plate across it, so it wont move again).  The rest I will leave.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
Gun handle fully assembled & lubed

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

Very nice Marty..

$#$
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
Yes, will definitely get the Dirty Harry gun handle done after seeing the result there - just got to not want to play it for a while first.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Yes, will definitely get the Dirty Harry gun handle done after seeing the result there - just got to not want to play it for a while first.

Yup, definately nice work.  Both ramps getting done now too.  Thats it...No more spending on the T2!  She's had all her birthday pressies...

You may be able to still play the game with the handle removed.  On the T2 - I'm 99.9% sure there is an option in the game diagnostics to disable it and use the double tap on the left flipper...LAH is the same.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »

Yup, definately nice work.  Both ramps getting done now too.  Thats it...No more spending on the T2!  She's had all her birthday pressies...

You may be able to still play the game with the handle removed.  On the T2 - I'm 99.9% sure there is an option in the game diagnostics to disable it and use the double tap on the left flipper...LAH is the same.

OK, will check that out as I have downloaded the manual for this one. Once I do the handle, though, I will have to work out what to do with the rest of it. It is in very good nick but I am sure there are a few things that could be done to make it even better.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »
Update....Been away very busy with work.

Last decal arrived during week.  Had to modify to get it to fit, but is in and done.  Mylar has been placed down (1hr job).  Very slowly (dry) method as described in another post but worked very very well.

Playfield to be reassembled when I can get a few spare moments, but the hardest (and most nerve racking) is done  @#%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »

Excellent work Marty !

@@* @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »
Looking great - well worth your effort!

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
You have to be happy with that - has come up real nice!

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »
Thanks guys!

Yep, should play a lot better too.  The previous decals (old ones) did not even fit inside the inserts properly, so lots of little bumps.  The decal I had to cut (250,000) to fit, does have slight ridge, but there was no other option really to get it right.

The playfield is now 100% mylared in one single sheet, no bubbles or creases!.

I'm about 1/2 way through putting pf back together...

More photos to come!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
Thanks guys!

Yep, should play a lot better too.  The previous decals (old ones) did not even fit inside the inserts properly, so lots of little bumps.  The decal I had to cut (250,000) to fit, does have slight ridge, but there was no other option really to get it right.

More photos to come!

STOP!! Marty, hold it right there. Seeing you're now officially a professional restorer and your T2 playfield looks magic, I reckon you need to hone your talents a little more. I'm willing to contribute to better yourself by offering to swap my T2 playfield for yours. Hows that sound....we got a deal???

I can't hear my phone ringing!!!

Looks great mate, you got me really thinking hard in trying the same with mine (especially seeing you look like you got the decal thing licked). I've got Owen coming around soon and get his input on whether my T2 needs a mylar removal or not. I'm still not sure if I'm being too picky.

Look forward to the next pix
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Thanks guys!

More photos to come!

STOP!! Marty, hold it right there. Seeing you're now officially a professional restorer and your T2 playfield looks magic, I reckon you need to hone your talents a little more. I'm willing to contribute to better yourself by offering to swap my T2 playfield for yours. Hows that sound....we got a deal???

I can't hear my phone ringing!!!

Looks great mate, you got me really thinking hard in trying the same with mine (especially seeing you look like you got the decal thing licked). I've got Owen coming around soon and get his input on whether my T2 needs a mylar removal or not. I'm still not sure if I'm being too picky.

Look forward to the next pix

Haha!  I havn't seen photos of yours, but if its mylar over original playfield - w/o wear I'd say your're on a winner.

Ok, bit more playfield furniture on.  Slowly slowly....Mark, I don't know how your guys manage to get things done so quickly.  Its taken me about 13hrs today, just to put down mylar and start re-populating the playfield...(and the loom and underside was left on!). 

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »
Looks bloody good Marty.Nothing better than having a nice clean, shinning play field.Will be a treat to play when all back together.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »
looking good. Hey Marty what did the gun re-chrome set you back or did a friend etc do it for you at mates rates?
Still loving my Metallica Premium