Author Topic: hi guys.  (Read 960 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
hi guys.
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »
Hi guys,

Im looking at getting into a pinball project. Been checking around theres a few projects out there for around 400 dollars.  I have a few questions tho. Is it easy to find parts for machines now days. How do you find info on wiring and equipment for machines. You guys look like you also give great advice to. Im a sparky by trade pretty keen on getting into my first pinny. Was looking at a machibe on ebay bighouse it has few issues tho. Just hoping if i jump in there is help out there.
HOS

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: hi guys.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
Hi there,

First of all, welcome!

A lot of parts are readily available these days (I can think of 4 places in Melbourne without trying), and a lot of documentation is available online.

Given that you are a sparky you most likely possess enough knowledge to get yourself out of trouble, but help is always available here if needed.

I really don't know much about Bighouse so cannot advise you on that specific item.

Andrew.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
Welcome aboard and good luck with your 1st pin purchase .

Never heard of Big House . Had a look at the Ebay ad.. cosmetically it looks Ok from the pics but always inspect a pin in person .

In this case seller makes no mention of the condition of the boards and no pics inside the backbox either .

In my experience it can be easy to overcapitalise when restoring a pinball .

Also consider , when buying, would the theme be popular to many ? cause if you decide to sell down the track , its always easier to sell a more popular game than an unknown . My 2c anyway.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Dazzat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
 $.$%)% aboard
I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do!!

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »
Cheers guys. Were else do they sell pinball machines other than  your usual shops in melbourne, ebay and gumtree.
HOS

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:55 AM »
There is a for sale section on this forum . I think you need 20+ posts to be able to view it
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
 %)%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
 $.$ and  %)% to AP

There's heaps of info on the web to assist with repairs and restoration. You can download most manuals from IPDB.org EXCEPT Gottlieb. If you buy a Gottlieb project, make sure it comes with a manual, or you will have to buy one from eBay or from Pinball Resource.

Parts for Gottliebs are easy to track down. If you keep to Gottlieb, Bally, Data East, Williams and Stern - you will be fine. Steer clear of Playmatic, Recel and Sonic. There parts are difficult to source. Zaccaria can be difficult as well, but Mike (Homepin) has the boards covered (soon) - so that opens new doors for these games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Hey. Thanks strangeways didnt no there was so many companys that made pinball machines.
HOS