Author Topic: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
Ok. After the glue removal I was onto the touchup work.

First bit I tackled was the area to the right of the far left bumper where the old mylar pulled paint off. 1st pic shows the end results (see previous post for the ‘before’ pic). Waterbased acrylics were used for this section. There was still a bit of fine tuning to be done when I took this pic. This was done from a pic taken of my own Stellar Wars pf for a reference.

Next I decided to move on to the flipper/bonus insert areas. First thing I did was to sand the entire area with 400 grit sandpaper, which made this area look pretty bad (they always look worse before they can look good again)  :lol

Next I redid the red, followed by the black. I did these in several coats (in automotive acrylic), block sanding (using 400 grit wet&dry and Windex) between coats after the paint had dried to level it out, which meant a lot of remasking after sanding for painting the next coat(s). Doing this helps to fill the imperfections in the surface, filling them with colour rather than trying to fill them with spot putty/primer filler etc.

I did the same for the natural wood coloured area as well using automotive acrylic clear.