Author Topic: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:26 PM »
Next job was to flatten, reinsert and level the inserts in this area. To do this for the inserts with text, I used a trick that I used on my KISS pf resto.. spray them with acrylic clearcoat while out of the pf, let them dry, sand them on a piece of wet/dry paper placed on a flat surface, then reclear and repeat until the insert is flat.. takes a lot of time to do but it works well for me doing several at a time. It wasn’t necessary to do this to all of the inserts, mainly the larger ones needed this.

Basically I start with 600 or 800 grit wet/dry paper and windex for the sanding, when the insert is flat I’ll go to 1200 grit and then finish up with 1500 grit and reglue them into the pf. Usually I’ll polish them with Novus2 but I’m not doing that here since I’m clearcoating this entire area when I’m done.

In these pics, the clearcoat is being done 2nd pic the end result.. and where I’m up to at this point as of posting this. When this has dried I’ll block sand it out so its nice n level and polish it up with Novus.

Btw this pf will be fully mylared when I’m done as are all of my pf restores.