Author Topic: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Stellar Wars PF restore
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »

New Pop Bumper bodies are mandatory on all reconditioning work - so I'm glad you replaced this cheap part. I cannot understand why these are often overlooked !

Question for you Mitch - When you have finished your playfield touch ups, do you level out the area completely flat ? Once the mylar is applied, can you tell that there are touch ups ?

It looks amazing once applied.

Hi Nino, yes i do sand the touched up/repainted areas so they are level with the surrounding original paint, or as close as level as i can get it, so obviously the less amount of paint you have to use the better as far as being level goes. Sometimes you do get minor variations height that show up when viewed at certain angles with light reflection, but it doesn't seem affect the game play that i have noticed so far.

Mylar will also show up low spots in touched up areas too if they aren't built up to the proper level, again they are only noticeable with light reflections (room lighting) off the mylar, even less noticeable under the glass. So clearcoat would be better in that regard as i guess the CC would fill these?

Mylar is just an easier, quicker and cheaper option for me to use and waaaay less labour intensive!! None of the clients i have done this for so far would want to go to that expense anyway  *.*