Author Topic: Gold coast Timezone Stern games thread  (Read 3764 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Gold coast Timezone Stern games thread
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »

We've never been during school holidays though - maybe they pick up the family & teen trade then.

Both my visits were in school holidays, and the pins got very little attention. I specifically recall the last visit for a couple of reasons.

It was disappointing  to see all the arcade stuff busy, coins pouring into redemption crap, and pins left with credits (and one was at third ball unplayed). While I was playing one a young boy came up and was interested, leaning over the game I was playing to watch, so I put a credit on the game next to me and invited him to play. The mother sees and looks at me like - well you know - and I felt humiliated, then offended how a kind gesture could be misinterpreted as potentially something horrible. Didn't blame her though, but it was not a good feeling that someone could think of me that way!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”