Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Emulation

Guess what rocked up on a pallet today.

(1/3) > >>

Pauly540:
A customer I deal with knew I was into pinball machines, he rocked up in a truck today and said he had a small present for me. Two for them.
They have a ‘LG’ 42” plasma, which weigh a ton (I can’t lift it by myself) and a few cooling fans.

Pauly540:
They came with no keys, so had to drill the locks off. They were very ‘CREATIVE’ with the sound system.

Pauly540:
A removable HD in the bottom of one of them. Not sure what it does yet, but found a slot for it.

Pauly540:
The guy told me he imported these two machines ($10,000 each) from TAB Austria (Not TABCorp Australia) ten years ago and installed them in Sydney pubs, but did not make him much money after a year, so they have been sitting in a warehouse rack for at least 8 years. Were almost going to the tip!
The front section of the machine houses the NRI coin mech, a track ball; two flipper buttons each side and a two buttons, on the front.
And I’m not sure of this one. Maybe a dongle?

Pauly540:
Before I even think of plugging in any power, I plan to remove the PC cage, blow out the dust from the motherboard remove the power supply and bench test first. I’ve previously learnt the hard way, plugging AC into an old desktop PC that was off for a few years. It went off with a kaboom  $#$
As a bonus, found some loose change.
I will do some research on VP forums on this machine. Worst case scenario, maybe install a new PC running Future Pinball.
Anyone got one of these machines? Or suggestions/pointers?
I’ll post more info/progress, once I get one up and running, hopefully over the weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version