Aussie Pinball Forums > DMD 1991 - Present

Stern KISS LE Review

<< < (2/6) > >>

Brunswick Brawler:

--- Quote from: mitchjjam on September 23, 2015, 12:39:54 AM ---I wonders if there is any adjustment in the head? It is a pain when she goes down the guts trying to get multiball.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the left/right angle of Gene's head is adjustable.

I would guess that factory setting is for a level setting on the leg levellers (normal playfield slope).  Gene probably can't spit his fire balls where intended, if the machine is not at the factory slope setting.  That's my guess.

PS.
I saw a KISS LE on the weekend.  Very nice.  Best pinball machine since Metallica, and probably better than Metallica.  (And I'm no KISS or Metallica fan.  They are simply great games)

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: Brunswick Brawler on September 23, 2015, 07:44:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: mitchjjam on September 23, 2015, 12:39:54 AM ---I wonders if there is any adjustment in the head? It is a pain when she goes down the guts trying to get multiball.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the left/right angle of Gene's head is adjustable.

I would guess that factory setting is for a level setting on the leg levellers (normal playfield slope).  Gene probably can't spit his fire balls where intended, if the machine is not at the factory slope setting.  That's my guess.

PS.
I saw a KISS LE on the weekend.  Very nice.  Best pinball machine since Metallica, and probably better than Metallica.  (And I'm no KISS or Metallica fan.  They are simply great games)

--- End quote ---

The assembly can be adjusted. Also, the simple action of holding both flippers at the point of the balls flying out saves them all from draining. I didn't want to do this as it fries the older Stern flippers coil setup. Simple fix.

I think almost everyone has had a game or two and its coming home. My son (on holidays) came to work today and played it for an hour. The attention span for 11 year olds is about 25 seconds these days.. So I was most impressed. But he wants it home now.

Further playing of the game leads be to believe that Stern need to move away from dot animation and upgrade to LCD. This game lacks good animation and was the perfect title to be the first.

The funniest remarks I've had from almost all pinheads - "It does not play like a stern". Not a criticism - just an interesting observation. Consistent with my findings that I almost cannot play TWD LE - it "feels" different. I'm loving my LE - really has rekindled my interest in "playing" rather than working on pinballs.

oldskool1969:
don't have to worry about holding the flippers now with SPIKE setup and I am stoked your youngin likes it too!

RottyGuy:
Doesn't feel/play like a Stern comment gave me a bit of a laugh. I think that's the fanatical KISS mind clouding your judgement. Certainly doesn't have any different feeling as far as I'm concerned. B/W to Stern, yes, Stern to Stern, no.

It's a very good all round package, but far from the likes of LOTR, Spiderman and Metallica as far as I'm concerned. Cabinet art is the biggest let down. Playfield , BG very good, gameplay good, cab art is terrible.

Cow Corner:
I didn't think it felt any different to play than any of the other Sterns at Timezone when I played it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version