Author Topic: Curiosity Question - Is the Revenge from Mars a standard width machine?  (Read 147 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Just curious if the Revenge from Mars is a standard width machine, with a playfield the same width as the 90's williams games like White Water?

I was having a discussion with someone at work and because of the different style head we were wondering in relation to the ramps and gear they have on the playfield and the different apron style how wide the machines are.

Can someone with a machine let me know YES / NO and if possible let me know the width (in mm) of the outer cabinet as that will explain everything.

Cheers
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Same width YES but not as deep (front to back) or as high overall as a standard Wms 90's DMD machine with backbox up.  Width is somewhere around the 560mm mark give or take a few mm.
Addicted to pins.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Thanks heaps for that as have never seen one to check out or play, so hard to gauge against a 90's DMD machine.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:52:40 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Swinks, Blair is spot on. The playfield measures apx 520 mm (52cms) wide excluding edging etc, or 560mm using the machines side borders.
The length is 1160mm (116 cms) long - Aprox.

I measured the length of a few differnet DMD machines, and they are 1260 mm long, or 126 cms long. Only about 10 cms in it, so it is close, and RFM and SW Ep 1, only look as long when Pin2000 playfield is lit up n cabinet turned on. It is hugely decieving just looking at the cabinet. I wouldnt have thought it was so close but it is. Only 10 cm's difference in length.

After reading your post, I just had to measure the length because it was driving me nuts wondering what the difference really was.  ^^^
** I wonder what a Pin2000 would look like being stuck in a std pinball body with the monitor being a LCD placed in the backbox with the picture inverted.
Wouldnt be a bad project to do ? try ?  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Thanks Brett

Much appreciate the finer specs, handy to know. I agree it is a worth considering as a project and am starting to do some research.

for pinball t-shirts