Author Topic: Gottlieb Haunted House restoration (by Ian)  (Read 7470 times)

Offline 63wizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
Re: Gottlieb Haunted House restoration (by Ian)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
Ive had my HH striped down for some time now, the head has been taken off waiting for some black touch ups, the attic playfield sitting on the work bench waiting to be striped down, god ive been slack.
anyway the missus said today when are you going to finish that pinball machine, I said i just cant get motivated.
So i headed down stairs to start doing something to it.
I striped the attic PF of all its parts.
put a new coil sleeve in the pop bumper and cleaned all the parts.
then i noticed the mylar was lifted a bit in one spot, so as you do i pulled at it and it started to lift quite easy
so i pulled a fair bit up and the paint was staying put, so i went and got the wifes hair dryer and proceeded to remove all the mylar
on the top PF, i thought that went well so i moved onto the main PF and removed all the mylar from it as well with minimal paint lift
the only places the paint lifted was were the paint was worn on the edges of the mylar.
I was going to use the freeze spray to remove the mylar but hadnt bought any yet.

So i was left with a sticky PF because the glue was left behind, i had no goo gone, Bunnings is 150km away, Woolies didnt have any
so i decided to use eucalyptus oil as it is supposed to remove  sticky residue, It worked quite well, rubbed it on and let it soak in and rub some more on and then rub with a dry rag or just used my fingers to rub up the glue, the glue rolled up into balls.
then a good clean with shellite.

cheers Ian