Author Topic: Reproduction Coin Chutes - different eras and brands for Aus Currency  (Read 8510 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Ralph found and issued me a drawing, see attached and I have finished the part so it fits nicely. But the Shapeways price isn't cheap as like the other parts around the $12.50 each, so again probably another fail unless you really need or want the part then you have a option for your restoration.

I did come up with an idea and need some feedback from you guys with old Stern's. I thought if the metal components key in the back and hold everything together then maybe just a dedicated chute only as that is all that is seen from the front. Then you come along and grind your existing old plate back to fit with the replacement chute only. Refer to the pictures below, as the orange part represents the part that you would buy and the white part represents the part that you would grind back.

Is this feasible or will the coin window part drop / fall away?. If feasible I will load it up to Shapeways as the alternative budget option as the price is under $6 each.

Again please note that 4/5's of the price is Shapeways cost to manufacture and the remaining 1/5 is my income from the number of hours for measuring, test printing, postage of samples etc so doubt I will ever earn what I put into it. As for me making them the price would not be much different and the quality a little under what Shapeways can do.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts