Author Topic: NEW PIN - photos n updates !  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW PIN - photos n updates !
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »
UPDATE

Day 1.  The first 4 or 6 hrs was spent changing the power chord from German to Aussie 240 Volt. Andrew removed some hack repairs related to the power supply.
We added a brand new coin door replacing the non existant coin door and Service buttons were added. The dot matrix didnt work so we had to use a loan dot-matrix from another Sega.

Day 2.  All new roms added n updated. We fixed switch issues assosciated with the ball trough. We replaced missing fuses from under the playfield. We found a few blown transistors and a few blown I.C's on the main board. We will effect these repairs on the main board overnight. We tested the relay assosciated with the ball snagger motor and the coils assosciated with the ball snagger magnets and pick up coils. They all work thank god. The problem with the 97 version of the Lost World Jurassic Park is that no parts or motors are avail for this ball snagger which is a major part of the machinery on the playfield. I have included a video someone made below of this motor/ball snagger in action. At this stage, my ball snagger and motor assosciated stuff is all ok.

&feature=related

The next problem I have to deal with is the Large white Dinosaur Egg on the playfield. The egg was missing so i purchased one. Unfortunately, some of the hardware assosciated with the opening egg is missing. I should be able to replace these few small pieces. With Andys help we will have to fabricate a small bracket or 2 if Mark doesnt have one ?  Otherwise, the machine is coming along nicely. I didnt expect as many hassles, but thats the norm with buying a machine unshopped. No big deal, nothing stops us, it will come up a treat.
More updates to come. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:32:03 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !