Author Topic: NEW PIN - photos n updates !  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW PIN - photos n updates !
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
Day 3 Update

Today, we took the main CPU board out and Andy did a few hours of repairs on it. He replaced 2 x screwed transistors, and replaced an I.C. Fixed a few switches and replaced a diode or two from under the playfield and fix a few switchs/drop targets etc.

We then put the board back in the pin and tested it. Everything now works fine, so tonight, I can now strip the playfield, replace all blown globes and replace the full rubber kit. I have decided i will do the Treasure Cove polish treatment to the playfield on this machine. I will take a few photos etc after it is done.

In the end, Andrew (Beaky) ended up doing the following to get this pin up n running.
* replace coin door and all wiring, add service buttons.
* replace/rewire power supply, change power chord to Australian and say goodbye to German connections, remove hack power add ons.
* replace dot-matrix with a loaner because orig one was stuffed n dead
* replace and reprogramme ALL roms from German to latest English
* effect repairs on the main CPU board incl transistors and an IC.
* replace blown fuses, here and there, and everywhere
* adjust a few under playfield switches/drop target switches & replace a few diodes
* test all coils and all playfield switches again once all probs fixed.
* stuff around with the ball snagger device for 3 hours and finally get it working but to find the timing pulley belt was/is broken

Now its time to strip the playfield and i will shop the rest of the Pin.

* A HUGE THANKYOU TO ANDREW, WHO HAS TO BE THE WORLDS BEST BLOKE FOR SPENDING 20 HOURS ON THIS PINBALL MACHINE BRINGING IT BACK TO LIFE.
 ^^^    ^^^    ^^^    ^^^    ^^^    ^^^    ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^ ^^^    ^^^

* A HUGE "GET ROOTED" TO THE DODGY EURO PINBALL TECH WHO WAS AN IDIOT HACK NOB JOCKEY WHO CAUSED US ALL THE WORK.  &^& &^&

Now its time to strip the playfield to make her shine and flash well.  ^^^ Also, since i purchased the machine from Mark unshopped, its important to see here, just how much work there is in turning a container pin, into a working pin. We didnt expect this many problems, but we got there in the end, and nothing was ever going to stop us, since it was my birthday present to myself, after all.lol  ^^^
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:33:48 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !