Author Topic: NEW PIN - photos n updates !  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW PIN - photos n updates !
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »
I spent tonight stripping the playfield down on the JP Lost World. I used the Treasure Cove Polishing kit.

As sum 1 said, its a bit over-rated. The spounges/various fittings are awesome, i am just not convinced of the quality of the polish these guys send out.   !@#  
* I have used Mills Wax by hand prior and have found it works like magic. The use of a drill with the treasure cove polishing kit does take some of the hard work out of doing it by hand. I am of two minds about the polish that comes with the TC kit.

I think its just normal el-cheapo polish. It is very very thin and doesnt seem to work anywhere near as good as the mills-wax does.

In any event, the machine has turned out to be a full resto because it came loaded with euro faults and fix ups.No big deal.
Mechanically, after apx 12 hrs work, it is now fine, I just have to make her shine like new again.

I will load some photos of the stripped playfield, and the results of the polishing using the TC kit tomorrow.   ^^^ So far, it is coming up a treat.   ^^^
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:06:36 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !