Author Topic: Why are we so fked up??  (Read 1119 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why are we so fked up??
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
I support culling and proud of it ;-)

There should be a new bumper sticker "I Cull, and i Vote"

ALL people are equal, but some are more equal than others  :lol :lol :lol :lol

I let go of material needs looong ago and was NEVER a part of the "keeping up with the jones' mob" nor should anyone else.
I only buy what i can use, whether it be household goods, tools or a pinnies for entertainment, but i simply refuse to buy shit coz everyone else thinks i should to fit into society.
I don't facebook, twitter or own a mobile phone purely for those reasons and i will always be the Culler, not the Cullee ;-)

MM.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »

My parents are from Holland and some of my relo's are still over there and their system is great.. ..

Same with my parents, and I have heard and seen some of this too, particularly the retirement side which is a world leader, and compared to our system very good. Not sure how long they'll be able to maintain it as the population ages as here, still a small country. Speaking of our system - gotta love the compulsory 9% by employers. Take a look at you fund statements for the last whatever years - aside from a couple of good years pre-GFC, the old employer ones I have kept for the insurance component have a negative return every year. Even the best funds out there are the same. The 9% going in for most Aussies disguises the year loss, because statement to statement it is always going up, and you don't look that hard. Gotta love systems that take from the worker and give to - well, who I wonder? 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
I help the worlds poor by helping with 'micro-loans' to people who are actually trying to better themselves. Made my 34th loan today (all only $25 each) - it ISN'T a donation or gift, they repay it and you can then loan the money to others.

http://www.kiva.org/

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »
There is only one charity I give a few grand a year to (direct debit monthly) and thats the Brisbane Childrens Hospital.

If u cant help poor little sick kids, who can u help. As a parent it breaks my heart to see poor kids in hospital. I went there once apx 5 yeras ago, and it broke my heart.
I walked out with tears and i couldnt stomach to ever go back, but I do donate to them. I buy tickets in the Boys town charity as well as I know the guy who knocks on your door and he is the one who hands u the keys to the new car/boat /house and gold bullion etc. I have heard some amazing stories from him, both good n bad.
Those charities are fine, but giving charity to dole bludgers is against everything I believe in. Helping sick kids is good karma. Why the hell not.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
I fully agree cavey childrens hospital are tw only ones I'll donate to

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
I amgetting fed up with donations, i donate to a few charity's and i am fine with that, but i am being hassled every second day by phone calls from charities who i donate to to donate more, it drives me nuts as the amount i have to donate isnt small amounts either, and seeing i spread it over a few charities it can cost good money, but i hate being rung up its making me hate donating. however saying that one of my favorite charities is an animal refuge that rehomes pets, all 100% donations going to the animals, every one involved and works there is a volunteer, money is not going into any ones pocket. and i like donating two ways, with money or when i go to the shopping center buying pet food and putting in the bin they have, plus talking friend sna family who are after a pet into going to the pound first. i have got both my dogs from these guys, and they dont ring me up and ask for money. im getting to the point of thinking with charities that there is no point trying to help human charities as they can help them selves i think id rather be helping animals that are harmed by humans who cant help them selves. but saying that i figure employing people being honest and doing what i can not to hamper people from helping them selves is the best way. i really believe now that best way in this world is be as honest as i can, if every one is more honest this world would be better off. i dont things will change but at least hopefully i can die an honest man not a man contributing to the shit that is wrong with the world. i dont feel bad having useless toys at home, i do apreciate what i have, but there was nothing stopping me from being a jobless druggy with nothing, and at the same time theres nothing stopping a useless druggy being a billionair other than them selves. it can go both ways.
there are also allot of good honest people out there, it seems harder to find them these days but they do exist.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:06:46 PM by Olivia_jason »

Marty Machine

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 11:28:31 PM »
When it comes to donations, you should opt to offer to buy equipment and physical items, otherwise all your money goes straight into admins pocket.

Fact: World vision only sends 4% (not a typo, FOUR percent) of it's aid in Africa. (ex-employee informant).

Fact: Royal Childrens Hospital Easter fundraiser earns 30-50mill per annum, yet only 1-2 mill spent on equipment.
( if they spent the entire 30-50 mill on equipment and supplies then they wouldn't need a yearly fundraiser to help the kids ). (ex-employee informant).

Donating money is for SUCKERS!! - Money donated is only Money well lost!

MM.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
Agreed, thing is i know the people who are ringing me up asking for donations every week are just a tellemarking firm getting paid commisions to secure a donation. most of it is given to them not who i think it is going to with my good intentions.and it annoys me and makes people loose faith in these things, thats why i now only donate to a charity that is 100% donations going to the cause, and people who work at these places are charities, least i know when i give $50 worth of dog food to our local animal refuge who does not put down animals all my money is actually being used to keep something alive and not being used to make some dude rich.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:16 AM »
When it comes to donations, you should opt to offer to buy equipment and physical items, otherwise all your money goes straight into admins pocket.

Fact: World vision only sends 4% (not a typo, FOUR percent) of it's aid in Africa. (ex-employee informant).

I am sorry, but this just cannot be correct as they are audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers and the accounts are lodged with ASIC. In 2011 76.5% of income went to fund international programs. Even if half of that went to employee people on the ground to help deliver the programs (which would be a very high ratio), there would still be a lot of actual aid making it to people in need.

Marty Machine

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
ok, throw ya money wherever you want, at the end of the day it's YOUR choice.