Author Topic: Centaur extra ball  (Read 454 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Centaur extra ball
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »
Ok with my Xenon issue hopefully behind me I'm moving on to my an issue I'm having with Centaur. Basically I'm having a problem with an extra ball firing out onto the playfield when it's not suppose to. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen it's after I've hit the ORBS targets out of sequence

and then knocked down the 1 2 3 4 bank of drop targets.

At this point I should have lit the red Orbs release target to release a ball but instead it just fires a ball out.

The worst part is the game doesn't realise there are 2 balls on the playfield so as soon as I lose a ball the other one drains and then it releases 2 balls at a time into the shooter lane for the next ball. So basically everything is confused from there.
Anyone had a similar experience to this before?

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Centaur extra ball
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »
Remove the apron and Check Ball trough switches ??are there too many balls in your machine??

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 10:22:59 AM »
Have you done a switch test in diagnostics?? Game seems to think you've hit the ball release target

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
If nothing abnormal shows up in switch test, might be worth doing a system reset.

The problem seems to be consistently triggered by a specific sequence of events.
I would think the problem would be more random if something was wrong in the matrix.

Easy to try, just remove/reinstall batteries.(Bye bye highscores!)

By the way, you sure have some cool games. ^^^

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »

Thanks for the replys guys, I wondered about the trough switches because I had an earlier issue there which was causing similar issues but they were completely random last time. This time (so far) it's only happened in the sequence I mentioned above. I've had a day out on this machine today rebuilding flippers, sling shot switches and replacing a few other random switches and lamp holders which were in need of it so haven't gone in to switch test yet. Hopefully I'll have everything ready to test in an hour or so.

If nothing abnormal shows up in switch test, might be worth doing a system reset.

The problem seems to be consistently triggered by a specific sequence of events.
I would think the problem would be more random if something was wrong in the matrix.

Easy to try, just remove/reinstall batteries.(Bye bye highscores!)

By the way, you sure have some cool games. ^^^

Thanks, when they're playing they're great  %.%

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:06 PM »
I'm hopeful I've found the problem. Switch 2 (Ball 5 trough switch) a micro switch was just borderline and not quite engaging with a ball sitting on it. I've bent this up a bit and it's now engaging well. I've since had a half dozen trouble free games so hopefully that's the end of that.