Author Topic: Gottlieb/ Royal flush deluxe/ no sound only humming sound  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
retropin what do mean by take the loom off

I mean either take it off altogether or loosen off so you can put the connectors into a bowl and clean as described. You can balance a bowl on the edge of the back box... just change the solution to suit

Offline Pinman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
understand now will try it out

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
If it's connectors you would usually still have attract mode sound and maybe only missing one or so sons 'trigger' lines. Could be anything without testing!  However, electrolytic caps are always good place to start
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Pinman

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Every cap on the sound board has been changed ,is there any other caps on any other boards that might play a part,
  i was checking out the mpu board yesterday and noticed around where the battery is there was some corrosion must
have been a leak before because i checked the battery in there now its still good , anyway some of those trans in front of the battery have to come out , i noticed on the schametics that there is two part numbers the same (R46)
can some one please tell me whats what   

Offline Pinman

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
changed connector and pins on the sound board (A6-J1) and (A3-J5) and put two new proms in on the sound board
still no attract sound or any sound the only difference i noticed was if you play a game every time you score it sounds like a low pitch noise , is there a way of connecting a speaker straight to the sound board for testing

Offline Pinman

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
finally found the problem it was u1 7414 chip on the sound board , attract mode is back and all sound , with a few new parts I put on the board
it sounds better than before , so if you loose your sound on the sound board and get a loud humming sound at the speakers start with u1 chip 

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
Nice to know, well done

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
finally found the problem it was u1 7414 chip on the sound board , attract mode is back and all sound , with a few new parts I put on the board
it sounds better than before , so if you loose your sound on the sound board and get a loud humming sound at the speakers start with u1 chip 

Buy yourself a logic probe...

Offline Pinman

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
I have bought a logic probe on ebay
But have been waiting around 3 weeks for it
So far

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
I have bought a logic probe on ebay
But have been waiting around 3 weeks for it
So far

Indispensable for the problem you've just encountered.. quick buzz round with one of these and you can determine HI LO faults straight away

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
What does a logic probe cost?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pinman

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide