Author Topic: loose wires big problems and the medic.  (Read 1995 times)

Offline weed of crime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: loose wires big problems and the medic.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
I contacted owen but by the time he got back to me chris had already been. Don't worry, owen will get the only call next time. And I agree about the medics abilities. I think he just took me for a ride. In front of my 3 year old son too. Cold.
Quit talking n start chalkin

Offline pinballmedic

• Forum Posts:
  • heidelberg heights
    • Pinballmedic
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
hey guys i am the tech you are all talking about , i am having a chuckle at the miss guided accusations being thrown around.
In can write an essay here defending myself but i wont.
I am sorry he wasnt happy with the service because honestly my number one business rule is to keep the customer happy but i obviously fail
in this instance.
25 years as a pinny tech and 1 unhappy customer is still pretty good i would say.
cheers guys.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 07:56:45 PM »
hey guys i am the tech you are all talking about , i am having a chuckle at the miss guided accusations being thrown around.
I am sorry he wasnt happy with the service because honestly my number one business rule is to keep the customer happy but i obviously fail
in this instance.
25 years as a pinny tech and 1 unhappy customer is still pretty good i would say.
cheers guys.

Mate, I would be defending myself and explaining in detail what went wrong, because the way it reads so far, u look like someone who tried to rip off a member and just tried to take advantage of someone so u could trade his machine in for peanuts and make money off him. To say you have only had 1 unhappy customer in 20 years is yet to be determined.  !@#
I know people who have been working in the same job for 20 years and they are farking hopeless, so time in a job means nothing.
Unless u make a fair dinkum attempt at explaining what went wrong with this service call, u MAY be labelled a bullshit artist and a con man.
I am not saying u are, i have never met you, but it aint looking real good for your reputation until you provide a well wriiten response. There is no such thing as a dud machine, but there certainly is such a thing as a dud pinball tech. Defend your reputation with a decent response I say. Your name is worth protecting IF u are right !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »
Coming on here to make a single post yet contribute NOTHING to the community is worthless IMO. Make some effort, get involved OR GET OUT! (of the industry - not just this forum - do everyone a favour)

Harsh but fair I think....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:13:47 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
Coming on here to make a single post yet contribute NOTHING to the community is worthless IMO. Make some effort, get involved OR GET OUT! (of the industry - not just this forum - do everyone a favour)

^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

I concur.

One "unhappy" customer in 25 years, and the "unhappy" customer just happens to be new to the hobby, and is able to get advice for free on a forum. The accusations are not at all misguided if you don't want to defend them.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 01:45:58 PM »
in this instance.
cheers guys.

Well, I guess you can remedy the situation by exercising that new membership here by posting some interesting technical stuff, posting advice to members with game issues etc, that'll show the level of customer service I suppose.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinballmedic

• Forum Posts:
  • heidelberg heights
    • Pinballmedic
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
ok guys, you all seem to have opinions with only one side of the story.
If you want to know something , ask away.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »
ok guys, you all seem to have opinions with only one side of the story.
If you want to know something , ask away.

So now you have two posts yet still offer nothing  #@#
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »
So now you have two posts yet still offer nothing  #@#

:lol :lol :lol

I made an invitation and that's his response? Fair enough.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »
Hi

I don't normally get involved in this sort of post as I tend to say the wrong thing as I may have in another thread that was closed today but I have used chris/pinball medic several times on my old CFTBL and he did a heap of work on my Gorgar a while back and I was always very happy with his work and what I paid for his pinball work nothing was ever a problem and he always fixed the pinball issues and a nice guy to boot, I'm only giving my experience as it's only fair people also hear the good stories.

Peter

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »
Hi

I don't normally get involved in this sort of post as I tend to say the wrong thing as I may have in another thread that was closed today but I have used chris/pinball medic several times on my old CFTBL and he did a heap of work on my Gorgar a while back and I was always very happy with his work and what I paid for his pinball work nothing was ever a problem and he always fixed the pinball issues and a nice guy to boot, I'm only giving my experience as it's only fair people also hear the good stories.

Peter

Thanks for the positive spin Peter, good to hear some balance.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »
Well done Pete. You defended this guy by adding some personal experience you had with him, which would be held in high regard from 99percent of members here.

He (the pinball medic) didnt feel entering into a detailed conversation/defence was worth while. In the end, it would have been a he said/she said arrangement of posts anyway, someone would have got pissed, and thread would have been probably closed anyway.

At least the guy jumped on here upfront and game his real name and attempted to defend himself to a point he felt comfortable.  Nick (Pinnies4me) is correct, your opinion gave balance.  I guess no one is perfect, and the original service call which started the post could have been a bad day for him or the client or both.

Its always hard on here when its member versus member. Too polite versus too straight down the line. Its a no win situation in these circumstances. The member who opened the post shld also get a pat on the back for openly speaking his mind in the hope that these hassles can save another member. You cant fault that either.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
Thanks Brett but only 99%, ok who hates me? Lol nah there's always good and bad experiences in any industry so fairs fair I suppose

Peter

Offline weed of crime

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
Thanks to the pure class of a forum member my machine is on the way to being better than new. Will post images and vid and the whole sorry saga when finished. Love your work guys. Keep em honest.
Quit talking n start chalkin