Author Topic: Slapper or pusher  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Slapper or pusher
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
Hey stop slapping my machine around.  :lol

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »
Definitely a pusher, but the old slap shots works a treat for the near 100% SDTM situation. I sometime do the the ol' Tommy where you flick the buttons quickly and in rapid succession. Ideal for MAD multiballs like TZ etc. I find less drains, meaning bigger points.

And yes Greg....It does hurt when you push the plunger on those pointy ones....done it a few times when getting upset with rapid ball loses in a bad game and forgetting what type of plunger it is. AND its not a good look either...that pained look.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
nudger   don't like pushing or slapping a pin

+1

I watch how people shove or slap a machine and it makes me cringe, I don't tolerate it on my JD machine and I don't understand why people feel the need to do it. Pinball playing is supposed to be fun, if the ball drains so what? No wonder sited machines break down all the time, they are treated like shit because the people playing them don't own them.

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »
I agree.

I'm what you would class a quiet player. I just push the buttons and give the machine an occasional nudge. I never understood the whole slapping, pushing, thumping, shaking thing. To me it just looks like the players frustration is being displayed and it's not actually used to benefit the players score. I can't stand it when I see people physically shaking the machine when playing a game. To think those legs are only attached via plates to wood supporting a heavy machine. I don't think they were designed for that or else they would have some sort of suspension system.

But what do I know? I'm a crap player anyway.  :lol

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »
And yes Greg....It does hurt when you push the plunger on those pointy ones....done it a few times when getting upset with rapid ball loses in a bad game and forgetting what type of plunger it is. AND its not a good look either...that pained look.

The old 'crucifiction palm' look  *)*

stuba

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »
i push and slide when necessary, the key is keeping count of the tilt warnings.. :lol

i really notice the workload increase in the earlier SS machines though, they seem to drain easier so you gotta be contsantly bumping tp try and stack the odds..