Author Topic: Vote on Stern's next pinball theme  (Read 570 times)

Offline pistolpete78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
Re: Vote on Stern's next pinball theme
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
Totally agree. It would be fantastic to have a really ballsy machine . . . . long overdue.

Hmm, whilst I vote for a different theme - you make a very good point.  Can you just imagine bashing away on the pin, volume to 10000 with [insert name of band here] absolutley cranking *%*  Whilt Metallica get my vote, AC/DC would also be awesome.

Saw on the Facebook page last night that Stern had actually approached Metallica a couple of years ago and it went nowhere.  Anyone esle heard this?

Is it wrong to be so excited about something that may never happen?  I hate being disappointed :lol

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
Gotta be this but even better with DMD...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/metal-on-metal-behind-the-scenes-on-a-custom-pinball-game.ars
what a bunch of whiners on that site.
I saw that metallica pin on another AP thread and was very impressed with that one of custom pin.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 08:43:28 PM »
They sure are, I hadn't even read the comments and obviously some of those guys hadn't even read the article  !!@

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 08:58:49 PM »
They sure are, I hadn't even read the comments and obviously some of those guys hadn't even read the article  !!@
some of the wankers are even suggesting that metallica should or will sue the guys who are making the pin, if they had read the artical they would realise metalica paid people to make it. &^&
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline KAZ

• Forum Posts:
  • Chippendale / Sydney
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 05:41:47 AM »
AC/DC gets my vote.
Jail Break...... he made it out with an extra ball in his back......... Jail Break
KAZ

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »

hmmmm

hoping it will be good

i believe  they have spoken to MANY  different people to see what they can do

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »
I think Stern should ask some of the previous designers for a non themed pin. See if they can come up with something cutting edge. Its been almost 10 years since we saw Williams roll out Pinball 2000. Maybe its time for something like Wizard Blocks or even better.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
I think Stern should ask some of the previous designers for a non themed pin. See if they can come up with something cutting edge. Its been almost 10 years since we saw Williams roll out Pinball 2000. Maybe its time for something like Wizard Blocks or even better.

after playing wizards blocks again, hope it get released to the market . Still needs to be finished but I am sure this can be done
unsure if Stern could do it  bu then again stranger things can happen

still Stern will have some good titles  if rumours are correct in 2010