Author Topic: NEARLY CLOCKED THE GORGAR  (Read 1000 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
NEARLY CLOCKED THE GORGAR
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
 $.$ I'm dying to clock my GORGAR-what I mean is go pass the million so the scores goes back to 000000-does the memory hold the total score or just start again as highest score I wonder :D

Nearly got there today here's the score.. 987498   *)*

Peter.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:45:34 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
Re: NEARLY CLOCKED THE GORGAR
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
If you flip the high score it does not save the flipped score as the high score.
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
If you flip the high score it does not save the flipped score as the high score.

That would be right... Best to get as close to 999,990 as you can

Try harder, Peter !!!!!  <.>

I think that the picture was just a biggie to begin with ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:43:36 PM »
I may have to take the glass off Nino to achieve the 999,999 score &&-

I'll keep trying..

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
Odd one clocking a machine.

Great feeling to have achieved the score but also you know that youve beaten the game, whats the next chase? clock it twice? Is not the same.

I think having a ball drain suddenly on you at say 999,998  is what pinball is all about.

I still havent topped 690,000 on bally Lost World in a full year. Itching to knock it over, but just seem to fall short every time.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 06:30:58 AM »
Odd one clocking a machine.

Great feeling to have achieved the score but also you know that youve beaten the game, whats the next chase? clock it twice? Is not the same.

I think having a ball drain suddenly on you at say 999,998  is what pinball is all about.

I still havent topped 690,000 on bally Lost World in a full year. Itching to knock it over, but just seem to fall short every time.

I'm the same-something tells me not to clock it as then I've beaten the GORGAR, may let it drain a nearly the million..

Peter

Online pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:22:09 AM »
Back in 1980 two mates and I would skip class for the afternoon to play pins (those two still come round regularly and play my collection!) If money was tight (and it usually was) I'd play a game on Time Warp. I could usually gain the three credits on the way to high score, then the three for high score. We'd manage the afternoon from then with what else we'd win.  The problem was working out the collected bonus and making sure you dropped all remaining balls so it would finish within the gap between the current high score but before clocking over. I remember starting this when the HS was around 950,000, and that gap getting smaller and smaller, until the HS was 998,000 odd, and that was the end of getting the three extra credits! Lucky it was also about the end of the school year.

I still try the same thing on my Time Warp I now have - she's sitting at about 996,000 :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
Yep - that was the skill on a lot of 6 digit machines - Meteor and Galaxy come to mind.  It was considered very poor form to spank the high score on these games after they were reset - work it up to 999,990 as slowly as possible *%*  The interesting thing on my Paragon is that it pays the replay scores the second time around after rolling :D  Not sure if I have the latest ROM revision in it.

I have now converted my Meteor to 7 digits, which solves the problem, but I don't think anyone has done the software for Gorgar.

cheers
Ian

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »
Yep - that was the skill on a lot of 6 digit machines - Meteor and Galaxy come to mind. 

I have now converted my Meteor to 7 digits, which solves the problem, but I don't think anyone has done the software for Gorgar.

cheers
Ian
Ian, do you know if the same 7 digit mod can be done to Galaxy. I have one waiting in the wings to be done up and maybe we can do this mod at the same time.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »

I remember racking up the bonus on the Meteor.. I recall the software had an issue where the game would reset at 999,9XX.. Mine did anyway - and I thought it was an MPU problem...

Bloody Stern - They NEVER finish the code on any of their games..  :D

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »

[/quote]
Ian, do you know if the same 7 digit mod can be done to Galaxy. I have one waiting in the wings to be done up and maybe we can do this mod at the same time.
[/quote]

Yes, go to Oliver's site.  I converted a Galaxy I sold to 7 digits as well.  I used Bally diplays for this one.

cheers
Ian

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »

I remember racking up the bonus on the Meteor.. I recall the software had an issue where the game would reset at 999,9XX.. Mine did anyway - and I thought it was an MPU problem...

There are a few software glitches on Meteor, but I have not come across that one!  I have rolled many a Meteor and never had that happen.

cheers
Ian

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

There are a few software glitches on Meteor, but I have not come across that one!  I have rolled many a Meteor and never had that happen.

cheers
Ian

I re checked my notes on that it "locked up" - or froze every few games. I re burnt the ROMs, changed to another perfect MPU200.. didn't do it with my Altek..

Online pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »
Steve Charland sent me a new ROM image and description on how to turn modify Black Hole to seven digits. I was real keen, although I had not yet clocked it. Since I got the file and description I have only once clocked it, I never got motivated enough to carry out the mods! Except one time - sitting on 900,000 odd with two balls still to play, the thought did cross my mind but at that point it was not viable!  <.>
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »
Yes, go to Oliver's site.  I converted a Galaxy I sold to 7 digits as well.  I used Bally diplays for this one.

cheers
Ian

Thanks!