Author Topic: GnR/TOM wanted  (Read 436 times)

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
GnR/TOM wanted
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
After a nice condition GnR or TOM.

Let me know, thanks
.....something witty here

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: GnR/TOM wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
Good choices there, and they do come up for sale occasionally.

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
BUMP

Still, looking.....anyone?

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
There is the typical wear near the N on the yellow circle from the top kick out, but these GNR'S always have that wear. You could expect to pay another $1000 to $1500 for a GNR without any playfield wear.

I was lucky enough to see a Guns N Roses playfield repair that Gavin (Retropin) did on a GNR up here, and the playfield repair was immaculate. It had the typical wear from the top kick out, but after Gav weaved his magic, it was like new again.

If i purchased that machine Marty has mentioned from Ebay, its good to know there are great pinball techs around like Gav or ElTimbo who can make the machine like new again with professional playfield touch ups that will stay great forever.

Not many GNR's around for this sort of coin.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Saw that one, thanks Marty. Would prefer one without wear.

IMO, i dont beleive this is typical of Gunners in regards to wear. The majority are mylared anyway arnt they? Well, the ones i have seen in the past hav been, so to have that sort of wear could possibly mean mis-use perhaps?

That aside,why would i pay $5K on a sub-standard pin, to then have to fork out another $500-$1000 to get the work done.  !@#

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »

IMO, i dont beleive this is typical of Gunners in regards to wear. The majority are mylared anyway arnt they? Well, the ones i have seen in the past hav been, so to have that sort of wear could possibly mean mis-use perhaps?

That aside,why would i pay $5K on a sub-standard pin, to then have to fork out another $500-$1000 to get the work done.  !@#

There was one that popped up a while back for around $4500 BIN (I think), no wear with topper.  It lasted about 15min on eBay..

Wasn't sure on your budget, but I agree 100% its worth spending a bit extra to get a minty one, without having to do the work...

If there is no other options, then yep Gav or Timbo are certainly the ones to fix em up!

These days unless you can find one out of a private collection (in the right condition) its hard to locate a decent GNR without hugely inflated dealer prices $7k+

They seem to go for around the $3500k+ mark in the USA and not sure about Europe...

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »

There was one that popped up a while back for around $4500 BIN (I think), no wear with topper.  It lasted about 15min on eBay..

Wasn't sure on your budget, but I agree 100% its worth spending a bit extra to get a minty one, without having to do the work...

If there is no other options, then yep Gav or Timbo are certainly the ones to fix em up!

These days unless you can find one out of a private collection (in the right condition) its hard to locate a decent GNR without hugely inflated dealer prices $7k+

They seem to go for around the $3500k+ mark in the USA and not sure about Europe...

Would love to find one in the US for the $3500 mark. Could bring it to the country for about $1K more and make it worth while. Only problem is not being able to view.

As for my budget, as long as i get the right machine i'll pay for it  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »
The wear on the Guns N Roses pinball around the top kick out is simply from normal usage. Its just like the wear on the gold money note from say Last Action Hero.

The same wear occurs on both machines from where the ball is fired out of the ball lock with high speed behind it.

Also, only some GNR's had factory mylar around the top kick out. I have seen apx a dozen different GNR's over the last 3 years and only 2 had no wear up there and both machines were Home use only and had sold for around $6500 to $7000.

If u can buy a GNR cheap, cause the playfield has wear, it might pay financially to get the playfield repaired n clear coated by someone like Gavin or Timbo, because their work is so good, and u will never know a repair has been made. A friend of mine did exactly that, he bought one with a damaged playfield, payed n got it fixed plus full playfield clear coat, and now, the machine is stunning and he saved apx $2,000.

It may cost arong $6500 or more for a GNR without any wear at all. Many people are chasing one like this, so it might be even more expensive to find a real good one. I will keep my eyes open for a real nice one for you in case one of my mates decides to sell theirs.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 09:25:18 AM »
It may cost arong $6500 or more for a GNR without any wear at all. Many people are chasing one like this, so it might be even more expensive to find a real good one. I will keep my eyes open for a real nice one for you in case one of my mates decides to sell theirs.  ^^^

With all due respect Brett, not quite sure where you got that figure from. $6500+ would be dealer prices and i don't think they are currently worth that.

If your mates are looking to sell, let them know, but let them know i ain't paying $6500  *.*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
I agree, I wouldnt pay $6500 for a Guns N Roses if u stuck a gun at my head, but, I have not seen anyone in the past 2 years even come close to offering a GNR with a immaculate playfield for a cent less than $6500. * If u can find a collector to sell a collector quality GNR for less money, jump on it straight away, but I cant see anyone offering a collector quality GNR for any less.

I know of at least half a dozen collectors who are all looking to buy a GNR who will pay $6500 plus, but no-one can find one without playfield wear, and collectors are hanging on to their GNR's.  Only medi-ocre ones which need shopping with some PF wear get offered up and they usually are a minimum of $4500 to $5500 mark.

Let us know when u find a real good one and if u get it for under $6 grand. Havent seen collector quality for under anywhere.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
The playfield on my gunners has very little wear, I agree its bloody difficult to find a gunners for sale without a playfield wear at the moment. Best of luck with ya search.

I've had mine for approx 7 years now, and it was the my 2nd pin in my collection, and one title I will never ever sell.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.