Author Topic: Australian Pinball Expo 2014  (Read 12545 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Memories at the Australian Pinball Expo 2014
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 01:20:04 AM »
I wouldn't go based on the AA us and them ticket sales practices of the past.
At $30 a day, sounds like someone's going for a nice money grab.
Is this like the other pinball expo where they said they were raising $$ for charity then the two blokes kept the lot....

Hope it works out for you Oscar.

What year was the money from this event stolen? I'm assuming you're talking about Newcastle pinfest.

Only cause you asked, I will politely respond.

I didn't use the word stolen as you did. I didn't mention the Newcastle Pinfest as you have also.
However, I was told directly by a committee member who shall remain un named that ten grand was raised, but only 2 grand went to charity. It may be completely true or completely incorrect, depending on who u speak to.
It seems the history of Aussie Pinball expos are anything but dull. Lol

By the way, This is to no person specifically, but I hate fence sitters. I do however respect people for at least having an opinion, whether it makes them popular or not. When the discriminatory practices of the past go away, then no one will complain or have anything controversial to mention.

I hope people enjoy the expo. I would have liked to go, but since it seems it was never advertised on this forum, it makes it hard to go to something u didn't know existed. Until today....

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !