Author Topic: Australian Pinball Expo 2014  (Read 12547 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Australian Pinball Expo 2014
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
Guys, just to set the record straight, Michael Shalhoub made contact with me on two occasions (around May before he went O/S - not exactly sure) for his bi-annual phone call about pinball. We talk a couple of times a year. I consider Michael a long time pinball friend. We chat about a wide range of pinball related topics.

He mentioned to me that an Expo was being organized and he suggested that Aussie Pinball and my Business - Australian Pinball Restorations be involved in some capacity. The second call was to inform me (as co owner of AP and director of APR), that it was his intention to involve both AP and APR, and that we would be contacted by the organizers to arrange two free stalls at the Expo.  While Michael was close to the organizers, it seemed two others were the driving force. There were some dramas, but the event was still in the process of being planned / organized. During this conversation I raised the concern that tickets were not available outside Aussie Arcade - where the Expo was being promoted. The event website was not even up I believe at that time.

My stance (and Nick agreed) was that as soon as we can buy tickets, that AP members can buy tickets, and our (APR) customers can buy tickets, that we would consider the idea of participating.

It made no sense to be shutting down my business and hauling up a truckload of restored games for a week until the event became public and accessible to my customer base and of course the forum members here. That was earlier this year. There were no calls from anyone associated with the event to either Nick or myself thereafter, and certainly neither of us hung up on anyone who (claims to have) called - the only calls were to me by Michael as above, and I am not likely to hang up on a well respected pinball colleague !

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It didn't progress as indicated. That's not a decision we made.

I hope everyone has a great pinball experience at the event.

Good to hear the facts Nino.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !