Author Topic: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board  (Read 5693 times)

Offline deep six

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle NSW
    • ATC Heaven
Re: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
Hi Derek

Thanks mate, I was about to go nuts and rebuild the solonoid driver board, still needs doing as I can see the large capacitors are on the bulging side but guess I should work out where the fault lies first.
I just put the solonoid driver board back in and will shortly test for 43 volts but......

Nino

(this is the Stern Galaxy)

I just checked the under playfield fuse and it is indeed burnt out.
I didn't have a 1 amp slo blo here, I read somewhere you can substitute a 2 amp quick blo fuse but didn't have any of those either. I found a 1 amp quick blo and a 3 amp quick blo.
Decided to fit the 1 amp quick blo and see what happened.

Fitted the fuse, plugged the machine back in and heard a solonoid fire for a split second then blissful silence.
So it would seem from what I have been reading that I have a locked solonoid. I don't know which one it is and not sure how to figure out which is at fault.
I guess its a matter of checking resistance with a multi meter but not sure what to look for.

On a side note, when I first looked at the machine, and first powered it up there was a horrendous noise coming from inside that sounded like an extremely noisy transformer.
A mate of mine visited the site before my next visit and found the thumper solonoid was hammering away at a great rate so he simply cut the wire to it. Stopped the noise but didn't cure the problem.
"Wanted" Snappy signature, please insert here......