Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 868 times)

Offline ricindahunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
G'day all,

I think the obsession has just begun. My name is Richard, being born and bred in Shaggers Ridge - Rooty Hill in Sydneys Western suburbs of Sydney in 71. My main focus back then was more arcade, with the now addition of a stand up arcade to the Dragons lair. Galaga and Rygar are getting flogged hard, although I have discoverd my reflexes are not what they used to be when I was a lad. I did play the the pins less frequently but do remember slapping the likes of Time warp, Nugent and Centaur amongst others. The bug really bit a couple of months ago with a work mate showing me his 1978 Playboy, so I have been looking up and down the east coast as well as across to the west side. It has been a very intersting journey chatting for an hour or so with people I have never met that are pinball mad to say the least!!! New found friends would be another interpretation. I work In the injection Moulding industry and with my roster find I have a little spare time around my other interests being my family that do think I am a 38 year old big kid - all I can say on that one is that they are very perceptive, and I also spend a bit of time in the scrub getting back to that prehistoric caveman concept of hunt and gather. As a bloke doing his bit to feed the coconut clan, watching the boys take an interest in what I like is not a bad feeling. Only recently did my eldest offer to sling me some coin to aid the Pinball raising fund, but insisted I not tell mum. After a chuckle and rechipping his moral standards I pictured a juniour version of myself - scary. To quote a chap I spoke to yesterday I guess He is the next Pinball generation. So i've joined the growing masses in the search for pinball uephoria, but will attempt to keep the beast within tethered only so slightly as to keep the minister in charge of Economics and war from morphing into the Creature form the black lagoon. Enough banter, I now live in Rouse Hill in Sydneys North west and as per my 1st post am looking to play a white water to see if its where my starting point might be. If any one know's of one in a pub or club within a few hours from here would be a good start. I am guessing that the wait will be an exercise in patience anyway but patient I am.

Good to have the opportuntity to bore you with my yadda, yadda,
Catch ya
Rich...........................................

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
Heh, heh, great intro post! Apparently this pinball thing can turn into an addiction so watch out.

Good luck with finding a WH2O - they are out there if you look hard enough, and apparently well worth owning.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:22:57 AM by ajlaird »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
Welcome to the site forum Richard . Great intro post . Good luck on your quest and I wish you lots of luck in 'keeping the beast reined in' .. its a major battle let me tell you .. there is continual temptation out there (pins are being shipped in by the container load)  &&
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »
 %)%

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »
Great introduction!

Great you found us and welcome to Aussie Pinball  ^^^

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:45:11 AM »
Welcome to the group Rich, (again)
Great intro post, and congrats on choosing a stunning machine for your first, WH2O is a great game as others have already said for beginners or old school alike.
Try and take up one of the offers from one of the members on here as the game they have will be in far better condition than one that's on site, plus they are sure to have more games to entice you.
Good luck in your search and keep us posted on how you get on.
Darren.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »

$.$ and  %)% to AP, Rich !

Great intro post. WH2O is a great starting point. Best of luck with your search.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
 %)% to AP Richard
   And as said before a great intor post.  H20 is a great game and well worth getting hold of if you can  ^^^

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »
Tony Turner (pinball shed on AP) is having 2 land here next month.

Great guy - try him for your White Water

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »
Great intro Rich, welcome to the forum and all the best with your search for a WH20.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 08:19:39 PM »
Or ....just wait another week as Rollerball will have owned his WH20 for 2 weeks then and will want to move it on knowing him  :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 01:26:02 PM »
 %)%

Matthew