Author Topic: Scanning software required  (Read 318 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Scanning software required
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »
Wonder if anyone can help.. i need to put XESCAN software on my computer to run a wide format scanner ive just bought. Scanner came with 2 discs but none have the software driver on them...anyone able to help at all???

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Re: Scanning software required
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xescan/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=winxp

Yes ive got that, but its a small BIN file and i cant do anything with it... im really not that savvy with computers!

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »
Might have got this worked out.. when i went to pick up the scanner ( assets from a liquidation of bankrupt BAULDERSTONE building Co) it was in a huge timber crate.. underneath the scanner was a large industrial printer approx 4' high and 2m long... weighed a ton! Guy wouldnt forklift the crate onto my ute due to health and safety issues.. ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( so i took the scanner and left the industrial printer behind.
Scanner will scan up to 1000mm wide and 30 metres long... what it does is talk to a dedicated printer direct via Firewire lead. It would seem i left my data recipient behind!
 With the discs i have and the Xerox website ive managed to get the download program to work so my computer becomes the recipient printer.. so the scanner thinks its talking to the printer but its actually talking to my computer instead which now believes its a printer ( thats the theory anyway). Ill connect it all tomorrow and see if i can get the scanner to boot up beyond the " no lead connected" error code.. hopefully then, i can get it to scan in a format that photoshop will recognise.
Idea of buying the scanner is that i can feed a whole backglass through it and scan in one hit.. no more stitching which is a real pain in the arse.. with Photoshop, i can repair the file and hey presto, with little effort i have full perfect backglass scans.. () () #@# #@# () () which could for arguments sake be put on a website for others to download.. sounds reasonable to me!

Scanner cost me $59.. figured it was worth a bit of arsing about and if it doesnt work then.. well... its a carton of decent beer lost at most

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:02:30 AM »
I hope all this works out for you ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:23 AM »
Nice,

post pics,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
Fingers crossed this idea is a goer Gav . Good luck
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
He had a forklift and wouldn't move a 2m printer bloody queenslanders lol.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
He had a forklift and wouldn't move a 2m printer bloody queenslanders lol.

Oh he'd move it, but not onto the back of my ute.. apparently, I needed a bigger truck for health and safety reasons.
Health and safety legislation prevents everything from happening.. soon we wont go to work at all as we cant guarantee something wont happen