Author Topic: Atari Superman restore  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Atari Superman restore
« on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:59 AM »
More pics; Drop target refurbishing;

The targets were not resetting properly due to a badly worn hinge pivot hole

The worn out hole was welded over and recut to repair.

Targets were cleaned up, worn art touched up by hand and mylared to prevent future wear.

Coin door was stripped and repainted in as close to the original finish as possible

The fuse panel from inside the cabinet was in horrible shape and i couldn't bring myself to refit it in that shape! So it was stripped, de-rusted and painted and the text re-added using waterslide decals created from scans of the original text, then clearcoated... looks much better me thinks!

Before

After

Brand new side rails added as the originals were scratched and dented and looked like shit

Boards back in and fired up for the first time in six months. This is where i'm currently up to with the project. Only issue so far is about about half a dozen lamps either are out or stuck on, and they start working normally after the game has been on for about ten minutes or so.

Looking at the manual, all of the affected lamps are driven by the same 4099 8 bit latch IC so i'll have a look at replacing that IC. I ordered the ICs which arrived yesterday, so hopefully i'll have it running normally by the end of the day