Author Topic: Atari Superman restore  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Atari Superman restore
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:54:00 PM »
Final Update; The game is now complete having had all of the remaining work done and final testing and fine tuning done  $#$

As mentioned previously i had several lamps out on the playfield, all controlled by one IC (4099 latch IC), replacing that one IC got all of the affected lamps working correctly.

While the board was out i decided to replace all of the headers on the driver board AND the MPU, as they were horrible looking and brittle (one actually broke while straightening it)! MPU board got most of the electrolytic capacitors replaced, The main supply cap in particular (the large one on the left) was bad causing flickering displays and measured high resistance on my ESR meter.

ALL of the G.I lamps were replaced with LEDs, as requested by the customer... good call as the game looks awesome with them... backglass really POPS now!! I chose to use warm white LEDs, and added some blinker LEDs behind the name on the backglass.

The customer is absolutely stoked with the final result, he's been and seen/played the game and LOVES it! Now he just needs to pick it up!!