Author Topic: pinball displays  (Read 1341 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: pinball displays
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:03:20 PM »
Totally agree, but now as a person who buys to play what would you prefer, screen and mechanics? I understand the ops need to lure people to play, but I'm also interested from the player's perspective. I actually do not know which way this will fall.

Does it have to be one or the other?

As robm alluded to with screen pricing, eventually any company who insist on holding onto old technology in their build will have their hand forced by economies of scale as the old tech eventually disappears from the market or becomes uneconomical to continue to manufacture from third parties due to limited demand they are left with no other choice but to upgrade. The Wells Gardner CRT monitors used in arcade machines springs to mind as a comparable analogy.

It doesn't matter how many plastic oversized bash toys you add to a machine, because without a colour display at minimum it will always look like a product manufactured in 1995.

And if you are trying to grow a market by attracting the next generation of new consumers rather than have it simply continue to exist in a steady state, then it needs to evolve lest it become the primary domain of a bunch of 40 something males.  !^!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:05:32 PM by pinsanity »