Author Topic: Remakes of Classics - Would you buy one ?  (Read 20808 times)

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Re: Remakes of Classics - Would you buy one ?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:44 AM »
That's the reason they are remaking them. The entire issue we are talking about is that Haggis has the rights to reproduce 5  Bally machines from 1981! !@#

I agree with what you say about collections. I see US gamerooms that are just 10 new sterns, not anything i'd be interested in collecting.

I'm refining my collection now i'm out of room, keeping the ones i truely love to play and sending all the ones i don't love quite as much to new homes where hopefully they'll be cherished, but at the least that more people will be exposed to them.

Orbit 1 is a classic case. I hear people call it a skidder all the time, but i love it to death.

The Fathom Mermaid edition, is the case in point as well, and as far as bringing anything new to the table, they are adding two LCD screens in the apron, they are adding a new code (as well as the original one) so you have two different games on the same playfield in the same machine.
They are adding glow in the dark reflective cabs. seems to me they are bringing innovation to the table.

They are also doing a standard edition for those who want a faithful (modern) reproduction with out the added extras.

I agree with you though, i would love to see my Attack From Mars have a second or third code and new sets of rules and callouts that i could switch back and forwards into, co-op mode, team challenges etc. would be fantastic and would extend the exploration period for me and make it a fun thing to do with families.
Perhaps CGC will take a leaf out of Haggis's book and start to implement this.

In the end, these boutique pinball companies aren't rich guys trying to capitalize on the re-emerging pinball market. They are pinheads like us, with ideas like us, and they are out there making their ideas come true.  If they make a good living out of it, good for them.

I really do understand the people who would rather the original, just hope those people understand me a bit too.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1