Author Topic: EMAIL TO JODY AT STERN - FUTURE PRODUCT & RELEASES  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
EMAIL TO JODY AT STERN - FUTURE PRODUCT & RELEASES
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
I sent Jody from Stern a email last night asking a few questions which might interest other pinball collectors.

Some of the questions contained in my email were

1. Is the audio upgrade that has been done on the AC/DC machine now going to be standard on future Australian releases, and if so, does it only apply to NEW titles, or will it be available on future builds of Avatar, Transformers, Tron etc, when production starts up again on those titles.

2. Is the red LED upgrade to the dot matrix on the AC/DC machine now going to be standard on future Australian releases, and if so, does it only apply to NEW titles, or will it be available on future builds of Avatar, Transformers, Tron etc, when production starts up again on those titles.

3. Has Stern started on any new releases/titles for the 2012 calender year, and if so, would you be good enough to share what the titles may be.
I understand a Marvel Super Hero's or Resident Evil title may be in the making, but would appreciate any insight into any future titles that Stern may be looking at because I ofcourse would like to look at and buy the new titles when they become available.

The email ends with a positive comment about the AC/DC lineup and a thankyou to Gary and the whole team for producing a great machine.

Hopefully I can get some feedback about the inclusion of the audio upgrade and the future use of the red LED displays etc. Ofcourse I understand that it is unlikely that Stern will share any info on the future releases because of industry competitiveness, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

I will share the results when I recieve a email back.  ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Looking forward to the reply.

I am still torn on wether to order a Tron Pro when production starts up again, hence looking forward to the reply about sound (especially, can imagine Tron with that system on it) and DMD. Or spend the extra when and if a Tron LE ever presents itself. (and maybe be killed by the missus, risk worth taking though).  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I decided I would buy a few titles of the Pro's (Tron and Avatar) before they stop production forever. If u dont get in now and get one for the $5950 price (because our dollar is so good) they will stop making them sooner or later, and it means u will have to pay 5 grand for a second hand one which someone paid $6600 for when the dollar was worse.

Definately take advantage of the Aust dollar being $1.10 USA etc. Contact Joe or Bruce and get a good deal now i reckon.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Tron is a cool game, good choice.
A 2nd hand huo for 5k if you can pick one up is still good value too.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:15:53 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am happy to report back that I recieved a email back from Jody, AND from the king of Pinball, Steve Ritchie from Stern.  ^^^ Jody referred to Steve as the King which I thought was excellent.

Effectively, Steve says the NEW titles will likely keep the audio upgrades from the AC/DC Pinball.

Steve mentions they are working on ALOT of new titles, right now and the future releases are going to be the very best because he wants all of his customers to have the very best and feels thats what their fans/customers deserve.

I couldnt squeeze any new titles out of the guys because the new titles are ofcourse under wraps, but it looks like 2012 and 2013 are going to just get better.

I will get the chance to say hello when I visit the STERN factory later in the year and Steve welcomed the visit.

* In closing, what a bunch of great blokes. I was delighted I got a nice email back so fast.  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I am happy to report back that I recieved a email back from Jody, AND from the king of Pinball, Steve Ritchie from Stern.  ^^^ Jody referred to Steve as the King which I thought was excellent.

Effectively, Steve says the NEW titles will likely keep the audio upgrades from the AC/DC Pinball.

Steve mentions they are working on ALOT of new titles, right now and the future releases are going to be the very best because he wants all of his customers to have the very best and feels thats what their fans/customers deserve.

I couldnt squeeze any new titles out of the guys because the new titles are ofcourse under wraps, but it looks like 2012 and 2013 are going to just get better.

I will get the chance to say hello when I visit the STERN factory later in the year and Steve welcomed the visit.

* In closing, what a bunch of great blokes. I was delighted I got a nice email back so fast.  ^^^ ^^^

Nice work Brett

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I don't know why they are so secretive about new titles, unless they are still trying to aquire the rights or something like that. Acdc was the worst kept secret in the pinball world for yrs.
Makes no sense to me to be so secret squirell about it when they could get the title out early to build up hype or maybe even canvass pinheads on what they might like on the next machine. Its all a bit of a wank really.
Bring on the Avengers and bring back wireform ramps.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
In some ways I like the fact that you dont get to know, it makes the next title more mysterious etc.

I dont blame them for keeping it secretive, incase the opposition says they will do a similar or same title, thus reducing the sales by half, or worse, u dont buy say the Stern model cause u want to wait 4 or 6 months to see the oppositions similar title. Accordingly, I would do the same.

In six months time or less, when I am walking around the factory, I am sure to see something new.lol  (unless they have a secret few rooms that mugs like me cant see into.lol)  %.% %.%  I am visualising a war room, a bunker, where they are happily creating the next nuclear warhead, a machine to crush JJP once and for all (evil laughing can be heard in the background and Steve closes the vault to the underworld design studio) to beat up the opposition.

Isnt competition a lovely thing !  ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I also don't think it is good business sense to let the world know too early what the next machine is without selling a heap of the current ones just released as some people would hold on to their coin for the next one. Don't get me wrong kas I wasn't personally interested in getting a AC/DC so I would love to know what the next one is as well as JJP next one hoping for a Elvira one.

It's like the Transformers LE - they are still available even now.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I think Stern were not happy that AC / DC was leaked while Transformers was still being pre ordered. Some collectors or operators may have decided against buying Transformers as they wanted to save their coin for AC/DC.

AC/DC was on the radar at least 2 years ago with Metallica, KISS, Rolling Stones, Harry Potter and a few more that I can't recall.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia