Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Williams Indiana Jones High End Restoration

<< < (2/8) > >>

ktm450:
Very nice!  ^^^

Mr Pinbologist:
Awesome job Nino.. looks SWEET AS  ^^^ ^^^

I almost got the chance to restore and Indy a couple of months ago but missed out but missed out as the owner decided he wanted the p/f clearcoated which i don't have the facilities to do.. thats about to change though  *%*

ddstoys:
Nice work so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashramp:
Looking very nice.

Strangeways:
Almost 2 years since I updated this restoration  !@)

The playfield was restored by Geoff at Pinball Perfection, and I'm REALLY happy with the finished product ;

Better than new !

Mounted in the Rotisserie and ready to populate.

I picked out this game as the playfield had no wear and the cabinet was really solid, with only minor repairs. BUT - A lot of the hardware had surface corrosion, and I would be wasting my time trying to clean it. So the parts unique to the game will be replated, and the common parts (screws etc) replaced. Here is an example of the hardware ;

I started experimenting with plating some of the hardware, and I was really happy with some of the parts. Another advantage of plating is the finish is obviously MUCH better. I've been plating now for years, so it is actually quicker and less labor plating than cleaning. So there parts are straight into the ultrasonic, then into the pickle and plated. I throw them in the tumbler as it is again, quick and easy. Obviously the three items on the left are cleaned, and the items on the right are straight out of plating, and are ready to tumble ;

Playfield support rest are done by changing to a longer bath. After plating I hand polish. Big difference.

While I changed bath sizes, I throw in parts from other game that are too long for the bath I use for most jobs.Moving on to playfield components, and here is the single Drop Target ;

Now look at the rear !

Yuk !

Rebuilt ;

Rebuilt with new screws, washers and springs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version