Author Topic: Whirlwind Restoration  (Read 19096 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Whirlwind Restoration
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:45 PM »

It's back in and amazingly switched on and lit up first go.  Although some problems since which I'll get to.

It was my first cabinet decal and playfield swap so I'm quite pleased to get that completed without too many screw ups.  I double checked and I actually first got this game in around July of 2015.  Ive been sitting on it and hatching it for bloody 5 years!

I managed to scrape the side of the cabinet getting the playfield back in so will need to touch that up, but would really like some side blades/art for this so may not bother.

Ok now to the bit that starts to get out of my expertise.  When I first turned the game on there were lights and sounds etc, so a good start.  There was a couple of things immediately that needed attention like a switch stuck on and the upper right flipper not working.  Had the game on and off a number of times, I fixed the switch then started going through the menu to try and start testing everything.

First problem is the menu is in German.  I thought there might be a language setting but can't seem to find it, plus research seems to suggest I need to get a different ROM to get English.  Is that right and if so where is the quickest place to buy ROM's for this?  Also are the ROM's socketed or am I going to have to bloody desolder it like I did for the Nvram?

Next problem after fumbling through the menus and going through some coil testing etc, I turned the game off, came back turned it on, it briefly lit up then then went dead.  Found that the 4AMP fuse in the main high voltage box in the cabinet had blown.  Put another one in and turned it on - blown again.  Any suggestions on where to start to track this down?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:02:47 PM by Slash »