Author Topic: Flash Gordon Restoration  (Read 11102 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Flash Gordon Restoration
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
I thought I'd do a bit of a mini update on this machine. Though I've been steadily working away on it whenever I've had the chance I don't feel like I've got much to show for it. It's amazing how much time it takes to get things done right. So for this update I thought I'd show some of the smaller details which all go towards the finished product.

Both of the lane guides were very worn and affected game play by making the ball bounce up when the ball rolled onto the flippers

I had two new ones laser cut and then re-used the original thimble type spacer beneath them by welding them back on (Ignore the raw timber on the side, It's only temporary).

This picture below is of one of the flipper assemblies on the game which I found was wrong.

While most parts on the assembly were either the same as the correct assembly or available in the new flipper kits I brought, these brackets below were not. They didn't seem to be available to buy so I made them by copying of the other flipper assembly's on the game.

You may have seen the other thread where I was looking for some backbox light sheaths after I found one of mine broken. ddstoys Dan kindly offered to send me some but once I tried to remove the remaining ones on the game they just fell apart too so I decided to make some new ones that would last rather than put more old ones on the game.
Old ones below before it crumbled to pieces when I tried to remove them

New ones below made of aluminium.