Author Topic: Flash Gordon Restoration  (Read 11055 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Flash Gordon Restoration
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
I've also been chipping away at the back box light panel while waiting for other bits and pieces for the playfield

You can see below that the board doesn't have much paint left on it so I decided I'd strip everything off and start again

I basically just redrew the trace wire and other components on the back of a box. It doesn't matter how neat it is as long as you are able to reference where everything goes when you put it back together. There are also many wires connected directly to the globe holders so next to those holders I just noted what colour wires went where.

It was also equally important to empty the box first.....it was my pleasure!

Nearly stripped

Patching the holes

Painted and going back together. I ran out of the tinned trace wire though so have to wait for more to arrive before I can progress this area further. I originally ordered 40ft to do both the playfield and the light box. It was just a guess but it's amazing were it all goes. I think I need about 10 to 15 ft more. Anyway I've ordered plenty because I've got another game to start restoring once this ones done ( going to be a while though).