Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128608 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »
seems like Stern are seeing the market for mods but reckon on a mission to squeeze some of the mod suppliers out as well as cashing in as well - here is our 3 new kiss machines $, please buy, oh now we have mods at crazy prices $$, oh and here is a bloody expensive cool topper $$$, do you want it, but it would look better with our other transite without the Kiss logo $$$$ ....

also saw that they will be offering 4 different custom approved shooter plungers - probably signature logo ones - wonder if they will be between $50 - $75 USD.

I am not bothered just an observation and I have a few kiss plungers coming from Shapeways for fun

What Stern have done in the past and pushing ridiculously with KISS, is adding "option"s and "extras" which should be included with at least the LE and possibly for the Premium. The "extras" should be pitched more for the PRO buyers, who can be selective with "extras" to build their game up. They don't get the extra features as a Premium or LE, but they can add stuff as they go along and really have a "personalized" game.

What is blatantly obvious is that KISS is a massive windfall, so the "brains trust" need to make up for the bomb that was the Wrestlemania machine.

Surprise surprise - I see alternate translites are being made for modders in the USA, and now the (unconfirmed) reports that Stern are doing at least one alternate. Could be a good thing, but you know what they say - "Monkey see, Monkey do"..

I have no doubt is would be something around the idea that Stern used for Luci. A "Love Gun" version - the artwork on that album cover is their best.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia