Author Topic: MM remake confirmed!  (Read 2432 times)

Offline GetTheJackpot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
MM remake confirmed!
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »
http://www.pinballnews.com/

Cost: $7995

LOL at all the MM owners on pinside whining.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:34:53 AM by GetTheJackpot »

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:12:07 AM »
Good news for me as I was going to drop $10K for a good MM last week but wanted to see if I this rumour was true.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: MM remake confirmed!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
By the time it lands here, it will be a lot more than $7995. 

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »
Well personally I don't like it.  Better off moving forward, it's the only way for pinball to survive in the long term.  Would hate to see Stern close up due to declining sales caused by remakes.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
Well personally I don't like it.  Better off moving forward, it's the only way for pinball to survive in the long term.  Would hate to see Stern close up due to declining sales caused by remakes.
Maybe it is a move in the right direction, instead of every pinball being a movie or band theme, this may start them on the path to creating their own original themes.
Licensed themes always seem to create more hassle with replacement parts down the road.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
the announcement

$7995
Delivery Q2 2014
1000 units

live stream of announcement ... http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

For those that didn't want to listen to the entire video, here are some Cliff Notes highlights:
1. Could be sooner than Q2 of 2014. (Conservative estimate)
2. This is not something that was just though up of, this has been in the works for over a year.
3. The game is approved through Williams (Roger Sharpe) and Roger approves whether or not this is a game that looks and plays like an original.
4. No "W" logo will appear. The only thing that will be different is that anywhere there is a "Williams" or "W" logo will be left out.
5. Who's involved in making the game:
a. Playfield made by Churchill Cabinet Company
b. Roger Sharp
c. Attorneys
d. Chicago Gaming Company
6. Same building that produced original MM pinball will be used.
7. Built on a contract basis through Planetary Pinball.
8. "We've got a great team and this has been going on for a while."
9. Roger Sharp must give blessing before game is released.
10. Several distributors are reselling the machine.
11. Parts to be sold through Alfa (inaudible) Distributors
12. Mr. Pinball Australia customers have "options." Those options are:
a. Waiting for the existing version of the game
b. Getting a full refund for the game
c. Getting an existing version of the game through Planetary Pinball
d. Please contact Mr. Pinball Australia for options

these guys are stated to be building it
http://www.chicago-gaming.com

jack is going to be the distributor  !@# !@# !@#
http://pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=152&idcategory=

someone got this reply after paying a deposit:
Hello!

Thank you for your order for the Limited Edition Medieval Madness Remake to
be made by Planetary Pinball!

Whether your credit card was taken via PinballSales.com or over the phone,
it has NOT and WILL not be charged.

Please send a check payable to:

Jack Guarnieri Service Co., Inc.
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701

This check must be received within 7 days for the sale to be confirmed.
Again Please make sure the check is payable to:

Jack Guarnieri Service Co., Inc. or it cannot be accepted.

Once we have received your check, you will receive a confirmation and
invoice via email.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jen Guarnieri
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Jack Guarnieri Service Co.
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900, Ext 203

Pre-order are opened for Europe on Ministryofpinball site:
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/flipperkasten/williams/medieval-madness.html.

they say there is a good chance that all 1000 will go today at expo so follow it up if you want in

the official poster as per below

info came from alot of people that just put deposits down
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-confirmed-at-expo-by-planetary-pinball-7999
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »

While it might upset those that are concerned with their current investment in that game, it is great to see this being done.

I think the originals will settle at a lower than today price, but will still command good prices as the remakes will likely not be seen as collectable.

I suspect AFM will be next - with what I have invested in mine it probably would not be of benefit to me, but in reality I would rather see more hobbyists able to access this and MM and some other classic games than a few $ loss to me on one game's value.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
anyone paid there deposit???

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
First I believe they will be over AU$10K by the time they get to Australia.

Second they are using completely new electronics (good or bad? - who knows?)

Third there is only ONE reason licenced parts are hard to get for some titles and that is the manufacturer DID NOT BOTHER to negotiate properly with the rights owners in the first place. My licence agreement with ITV for Thunderbirds Pinball stipulates that ALL and ANY artwork - toys etc will be available "for the life of the machine". I can assure you this was a sticking point but one I would not budge from as I am well aware of the problems people have with some items for some machines. This point alone is one reason negotiations took longer than they might have and I am certain it was of no interest to Bally/Williams/Gottlieb back in the day.

I am doing what I can to ensure that my customers NEVER have this idiotic and nasty licencing issue with machines they buy from me - EVER!

Maybe it is a move in the right direction, instead of every pinball being a movie or band theme, this may start them on the path to creating their own original themes.
Licensed themes always seem to create more hassle with replacement parts down the road.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »

Third there is only ONE reason licenced parts are hard to get for some titles and that is the manufacturer DID NOT BOTHER to negotiate properly with the rights owners in the first place. My licence agreement with ITV for Thunderbirds Pinball stipulates that ALL and ANY artwork - toys etc will be available "for the life of the machine". I can assure you this was a sticking point but one I would not budge from as I am well aware of the problems people have with some items for some machines. This point alone is one reason negotiations took longer than they might have and I am certain it was of no interest to Bally/Williams/Gottlieb back in the day.

At the risk of maintaining the off topic direction, to be fair Bally/Williams/Gottlieb were in the business of selling to commercial operators, so longevity (past 3 or 4 years) was not a great concern to either the seller or the buyer. New product would come to replace the worn out old one from several different manufacturers.

The landscape has of course changed, and it's good to hear Homepin is designing for the hobbyist/home user to enable maintaining a machine for many years.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
No Williams logo is like buying a Ferrari without the "cavallino rampante". Kinda reminds me of the VWs with plastic kit bodies that looked like a Ferrari.

The remakes potentially could devalue the originals, but I think the other side of the coin is that remakes are good for the hobby, if they are done properly. The more manufacturers the better. Looks like they are all sold out, so only a handful will make it to Australia ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
No Williams logo is like buying a Ferrari without the "cavallino rampante". Kinda reminds me of the VWs with plastic kit bodies that looked like a Ferrari.

The remakes potentially could devalue the originals, but I think the other side of the coin is that remakes are good for the hobby, if they are done properly. The more manufacturers the better. Looks like they are all sold out, so only a handful will make it to Australia ?
never, while playing a game, have I ever cared about if a game has a 'W' logo on it
as long as the game is built well

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »
Fair point Pete, as long as it plays well. I have a tz Pf that doesn't have the bar code on it, I don't think it'll worry me but might to others.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Gorgonzola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »
Good to see. I don't think it'll alter the price of existing machines very much. There may be some who care more about having a spotless one owner machine than the potentially more collectable value of the originals and may trade up though.

Homepin, is 'for the life of the machine' defined in the contract? In IT there is a lot of equipment that comes with a 'limited lifetime warranty', where the lifetime is defined as only 3 years (for example). Your's sounds more like an unlimited lifetime, which would be a very good thing!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »

Homepin, is 'for the life of the machine' defined in the contract? In IT there is a lot of equipment that comes with a 'limited lifetime warranty', where the lifetime is defined as only 3 years (for example). Your's sounds more like an unlimited lifetime, which would be a very good thing!

My contract makes is clear that it is for as long as the owner wishes to keep the machine going so that means basically it is open ended.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals