Author Topic: MM remake confirmed!  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Gorgonzola

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: MM remake confirmed!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »

Homepin, is 'for the life of the machine' defined in the contract? In IT there is a lot of equipment that comes with a 'limited lifetime warranty', where the lifetime is defined as only 3 years (for example). Your's sounds more like an unlimited lifetime, which would be a very good thing!

My contract makes is clear that it is for as long as the owner wishes to keep the machine going so that means basically it is open ended.

Sounds like you worked out a good deal!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
Good news for anyone who has to have one.
Why I have no idea but if you have to have one.....there ya go.
20k by xmas!
 :tumble:
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »

Had a chuckle when I read this -

Due to overwhelming demand for the Medieval Madness Limited Edition remake and to allow more people who may have missed out on having the opportunity to get an order in for the game, we have decided to announce a Standard version of Medieval Madness remake which can now also be pre-reserved with a $1000 deposit thru either Planetary Pinball Supply (www.pinball.com) or thru your local authorized distributor.

The Medieval Madness Standard will come with original trim, standard playfield clearcoat, and no shaker motor.

We are committed to insuring that people who desire this game which has been out of reach due to it’s popularity have access to the remake. The Standard Medieval Madness MSRP is $7995 and starting to build around the end of 2014.

We never imagined the level of support for the remake!

So the non-LE will be the same price without the shaker motor, extra clearcoat and awful gold trim.

Is this price gouging at its finest?

Did originals just drop another $1,000.00?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
They will be scrap parts value in five years time when the "hobbyist" boards running them die and are no longer available.....

It disgusts me the greed that is being shown by a few - selling a hobbyist, "how to use embedded controllers board" as a fully fledged commercial product.

It truly defies belief.........are so many pinball hobbyists so thick that they can't see what is going on here???

Gary must be rolling about in stitches.......
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
I wonder how many millions are tied up in games that aren't even made yet? There must be money out there :-)

Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 10:07:29 AM »
I wonder how many millions are tied up in games that aren't even made yet? There must be money out there :-)

Peter

Well at least we have some idea as to what a MM will look like.  I agree though mate, lots of money being laid down here there and everywhere on machines that are in concept stages.  Obviously the issues with the WG MM remake and WOZ debacle hasn't scared anyone off.  With JJP being the distributor for the MM remake and WG being the Aust. distributor now for JJP it's almost comical how everything ties in.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
I see they are now selling "standard" versions for the same price but without the extra clear coats, shaker motor and gold trim - oh and plaque. Jeez price gouging at its finest.

It's a remake for goodness sake, therefore remake it like the original and produce whatever the demand is. Leave the LE, Pro games for your new pins. Poor business decision IMHO. If they want to maximise profit from this they should have had one replica and sold as many of it as the market wanted, that's it. If I was in the market for one and missed out on the first 1,000 I would have been pissed enough not to buy the standard when they offered it for the same price. I would figure I would wait and try and get one when someone flips it.  The clear coat is the thing that would annoy me comparing the two for the same price.

The cynic in me says the greed and games played by some of these people will eventually blow up in their faces and they will end up crushing the hobby to a certain extent at some point.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »
I see they are now selling "standard" versions for the same price but without the extra clear coats, shaker motor and gold trim - oh and plaque. Jeez price gouging at its finest.

It's a remake for goodness sake, therefore remake it like the original and produce whatever the demand is. Leave the LE, Pro games for your new pins. Poor business decision IMHO. If they want to maximise profit from this they should have had one replica and sold as many of it as the market wanted, that's it. If I was in the market for one and missed out on the first 1,000 I would have been pissed enough not to buy the standard when they offered it for the same price. I would figure I would wait and try and get one when someone flips it.  The clear coat is the thing that would annoy me comparing the two for the same price.

The cynic in me says the greed and games played by some of these people will eventually blow up in their faces and they will end up crushing the hobby to a certain extent at some point.

Bad Business decision? they just sold 1000 machines at 8k and will probably sell heaps more standards! less not kid ourselves there not in it for the long run :-) its about making fast money.

Peter

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
That's my point - this is clearly not about the long term, over the longer term they might be shooting themselves in the foot.

My comment about bad business decision relates to volume.  I'm suggesting they could have sold more volume and therefore made more profit by having a homogenous unlimited (except by demand) version at the one price (perhaps even marginally lower) than the way they did it.

The way they did it was a big "F" you by offering less at the same price to anyone that missed out.  Poor form IMHO for a business. It doesn't exactly create goodwill.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:09:51 PM by Slash »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
That's my point - this is clearly not about the long term, over the longer term they might be shooting themselves in the foot.

My comment about bad business decision relates to volume.  I'm suggesting they could have sold more volume and therefore made more profit by having a homogenous unlimited (except by demand) version at the one price (perhaps even marginally lower) than the way they did it.

The way they did it was a big "F" you by offering less at the same price to anyone that missed out.  Poor form IMHO for a business.

+1 agreed.

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »
Hope this isn't another WOZ

Put money down now and hope for the best??

Seems a strange way to do business,
same price and less toys and bling

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »

Except in this case its $1,000 deposit, balance a week prior to shipping, so a totally different model.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »

Seems a strange way to do business,
same price and less toys and bling

No way I'd be handing over cash for this, not in a million years. Even more so considering JJP and WG are involved. Look at what happened with WOZ and previous MM remakes. I can't believe anyone would hand over cash upfront.

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »
 #*#

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
This should very interesting to watch if nothing else...