Author Topic: If a pinball expo was in Ballarat….  (Read 1270 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: If a pinball expo was in Ballarat….
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
Great idea! I would definitely attend and help out.

my thoughts now are a weekend between April and August

Isn't Ballarat kinda cold at that time of year?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
BALLARAT!!! TOO COLD......only joking, Count me in and if I can work out how to load a game in my VE commodore, I'd try to bring a game. Always keen to see a fest in Victoria wherever its held. Good luck Pete with your enquiries and feasibility study. Thanks

just noticed the above post as I was posting. I think people in Ballarat have heard of heaters and then again we can all wear jumpers if need be. So I don't think the weather will be a problem unless its held out in the open. And I remember Pete telling me its really not much colder than Melb anyway.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:48:28 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »
Is it in Tasmania?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
Is it in Tasmania?
Doesn't matter how cold it gets Gav, you can always stay warm wearing that pinball shirt of yours  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »
If I can't organise my own "Pinstock" in country NSW, I'm sure I could gather a band of forum members from around these parts and travel to sunny Ballarat.
 ^^^

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
I'll wear my wetsuit  ^^^ elk or-ailish would help me travel there.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 10:16:43 PM »
On board 100% Pete. Happy to attend, help with set up/clean up, will bring at least one game.  If it gets off the ground I'll discuss some other assistance with you as well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »
I'll be in to help where I can. Probably can bring a pinball too

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »
I think the guys in Newcastle did a fantastic job getting Pinfest off the ground and then running it successfully for three years.

If I were considering a similar venture, say in Ballarat  &&, I would give the organisers of Pinfest several phone calls over a couple of weeks and pick their brains. There will be glaring mistakes that they have made and could be avoided and I'm sure they would be able to offer a myriad of advice.

Piggybacking onto an existing event in the city also makes a lot of sense. It would lessen the risk for you and boost the event for the existing organisers - such as a boat show, car/hotrod/motorcycle show, etc. These events already have a marketing machine in place and already have contacts at media, venues, printers etc and I am certain would only be too happy to have a pinball event tacked on to their existing show. 

Happy to help and support in any way possible.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
I reckon I'd be in.  Should be able to bring a machine along if any of my junkers interest you.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
I think the guys in Newcastle did a fantastic job getting Pinfest off the ground and then running it successfully for three years.

If I were considering a similar venture, say in Ballarat  &&, I would give the organisers of Pinfest several phone calls over a couple of weeks and pick their brains. There will be glaring mistakes that they have made and could be avoided and I'm sure they would be able to offer a myriad of advice.

Piggybacking onto an existing event in the city also makes a lot of sense. It would lessen the risk for you and boost the event for the existing organisers - such as a boat show, car/hotrod/motorcycle show, etc. These events already have a marketing machine in place and already have contacts at media, venues, printers etc and I am certain would only be too happy to have a pinball event tacked on to their existing show. 

Attaching it to an existing event is a good idea

The more I think about it, it would be easier to do this in Ballarat or Geelong, rather than Melbourne
Smaller populations would make it easier to advertise to reach an audience

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
Great idea Pete, I'd be in and I'm sure I could bring a machine down with me.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

The more I think about it, it would be easier to do this in Ballarat or Geelong, rather than Melbourne

Ballarat or Geelong would both be great places to do a event like this
it would be great to actually get out of the burbs and go somewhere nice for a change
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »

Ballarat or Geelong would both be great places to do a event like this
it would be great to actually get out of the burbs and go somewhere nice for a change
I wouldn't come to Geelong for someplace nice all you get to see is that Darren Lyons wankers head on every billboard lol

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »
he's Funny

who can forget the horse riding Vid on You tube
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia