Author Topic: Most overated Games  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Pinmem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
Most overated Games
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Just getting your thoughts what you guys think are the Most Over rated games.

Perhaps Twighlight Zone and Indiana Jones for me..

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Most overated Games
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »
Just getting your thoughts what you guys think are the Most Over rated games.

Perhaps Twighlight Zone and Indiana Jones for me..

I now think that until you have owned a machine, and got it playing perfectly you can not properly rate it. I would agree about TZ and IJ, but I have had less than 10 games on each, and to be honest I am just not drawn to them for another bash. Where's Wotto........(hey mate I didnt list WH20 in this thread)  :lol I am starting to like it more.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
I am not going to be popular for saying this, but the most overated games are anything with a bally/williams sticker on it,with an asking price of $5500 or more. :D
* I SHLD SAY THE PRICES ARE OVER-RATED, NOT THE GAME ITSELF.
Sure bally/williams have a deep rule set, and some machines like monster bash have the best looking colours/cabinet etc known to man, but the prices now have got to the ridiculous stage.
When looked at in context, who would rather have one pin only or 4 other great titles.
example,
1 x monster bash  or  !@#

1 x last action hero
with 1 x fishtales
with 1 x freddy krueger
with 1 x frankenstein. (these x 4 titles/EXAMPLES can be picked up for around the $2 grand mark in great nick)  !@#

*thats why i have 20 plus pins which are absolutely fun, fun, fun, instead of 3 x totally over-priced bally/williams.
BUT, i want it known, BALLY/WILLIAMS are superb pinballs, no -one can dispute that, JUST OVER-PRICED. !@#
**ohhh, AND IF someone has 3 x bally/williams high end pins, instead of the 20 others 4 example, there is nothing wrong at all there, it JUST GETS DOWN TO PERSONAL CHOICE....  ^^^...NOW, WHO STARTED THIS BLOODY THREAD, WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET IN A ARGUMENT NOW.LOL.LOL. :lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
The only machine I've even walked away from mid game was ST TNG. I have made many attempts to "give it a go", but I just dislike the machine. It has to be a "trekkie" thing as the game is just boring. Very hard to keep it working properly with its crap ruleset.

IJ gets a special mention - An absolute borefest !

Both ST TNG and IJ are severely overrated.  !^!

I USED to thing Gunners was as well - But I've really "warmed" to it lately. Good machine.

I don't "Hate" any particular machine, but ST TNG and IJ are the most overrated machines..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:15:25 AM »
I guess I could be called a Trekie, 2 of my kids were named with STTNG inmind  %.%

But even I dont get the game, and everytime I force myself to play it I am just disapointed. Give me the Bally machine anyday though. I also want to play the Data East machine, but am yet to get to a meet with one.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »
To date the only game I bought and restored enthusiastically, then sold even more enthusiastically, was TZ. Not saying it is a bad game - it's not - but it sure did not do it for me.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
To date the only game I bought and restored enthusiastically, then sold even more enthusiastically, was TZ. Not saying it is a bad game - it's not - but it sure did not do it for me.

That's an interesting one as a few people have said that in the past - then you get those who think it the best game ever. I guess it is one of those games that tend to polarise people.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »
TZ =  (((
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 09:49:47 AM »
Well bugger me, Extra Ball didn't list WH2O.   $#$

For me, a very overrated game is The Getaway II - High Speed.  I have owned one and sold one.  Take the Supercharger out of this game and there isn't much else to do.  Then you can only watch the ball whiz around the Supercharger so many times before it gets very boring.  The only reason I regret selling it is that I sold it too cheap.

Addicted to pins.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »
For me, a very overrated game is The Getaway II - High Speed.  I have owned one and sold one.  Take the Supercharger out of this game and there isn't much else to do.  Then you can only watch the ball whiz around the Supercharger so many times before it gets very boring.  The only reason I regret selling it is that I sold it too cheap.

Really? I see to remember playing it a few times back in it's day and really enjoying it. Could be over-rated price-wise, but I thought there was enough to do to hold the interest.

Ah well, each to his own...

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »
Having owned these machines, I can safely say that T2 and TZ sent me to sleep. I have more fun playing Flash. As already said, honourable mention to Getaway HS2. Unfortunately some machines have a big reputation to live up to and seem to fall way short when you play them. I think the only thing going for them is the Bally/Williams name. My 2 cents...

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »
I am not going to be popular for saying this, but the most overated games are anything with a bally/williams sticker on it,with an asking price of $5500 or more. :D
* I SHLD SAY THE PRICES ARE OVER-RATED, NOT THE GAME ITSELF.
Sure bally/williams have a deep rule set, and some machines like monster bash have the best looking colours/cabinet etc known to man, but the prices now have got to the ridiculous stage.
When looked at in context, who would rather have one pin only or 4 other great titles.
example,
1 x monster bash  or  !@#

1 x last action hero
with 1 x fishtales
with 1 x freddy krueger
with 1 x frankenstein. (these x 4 titles/EXAMPLES can be picked up for around the $2 grand mark in great nick)  !@#

*thats why i have 20 plus pins which are absolutely fun, fun, fun, instead of 3 x totally over-priced bally/williams.
BUT, i want it known, BALLY/WILLIAMS are superb pinballs, no -one can dispute that, JUST OVER-PRICED. !@#
**ohhh, AND IF someone has 3 x bally/williams high end pins, instead of the 20 others 4 example, there is nothing wrong at all there, it JUST GETS DOWN TO PERSONAL CHOICE....  ^^^...NOW, WHO STARTED THIS BLOODY THREAD, WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET IN A ARGUMENT NOW.LOL.LOL. :lol

Couldn't agree more well said..

Peter

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 11:31:49 AM »
For me TZ,TAF,Getaway II,circus voltaire,LOTR,simpsons pinball party and FISHTALES (sorry extraball).

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »
For me TZ,TAF,Getaway II,circus voltaire,LOTR,simpsons pinball party and FISHTALES (sorry extraball).

Cirquis Voltaire..... LOTR..... !@#  %%$  :spam:  #(& :wtf:
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
and FISHTALES (sorry extraball).

No mate your entitled to your opinion. I put FT in the under-priced/under-rated basket, for me its the complete game. I rate it well-over the rest you mentioned: TZ,TAF,Getaway II,circus voltaire,LOTR,simpsons pinball party.

Just boils down to what you enjoy playing. If someone offered me 1 FT or 2 of any (TZ,TAF,Getaway II,circus voltaire,LOTR,simpsons pinball party), and with the previso I could never be allowed to sell them..........I would take the FT.
 %$%