Author Topic: RATE THIS PINBALL MACHINE ?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
RATE THIS PINBALL MACHINE ?
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »
OK, I do not own a Indianna Jones Pinball Machine yet.  I have played one only once or twice, for only a few minutes.

I feel that a good collection of pinball machines should/could include a Indianna, Addams and a Twilight ofcourse.
BUT so many people have mixed feelings about the playability of Indianna Jones. The machine looks excellent, great bright cabinet and backglass/translite.

DO U THINK INDIANNA JONES IS WORTH HAVING IN A COLLECTION ?
DO U THINK INDIANNA JONES IS A KEEPER BECAUSE IT IS A GREAT PLAYER AND KEEPS YOU INTERESTED ?
HAVE U HAD ONE AND SOLD IT, OR JUST KEPT IT ?

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINION GUYS, ESPESCIALLY FORM CURRENT INDIANNA JONES OWNERS.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:10:47 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: RATE THIS PINBALL MACHINE ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »
I like Indy and I will buy one one day. Used to love it when it was first released and I worked for an operator so I played it for nix which was even better. $#$

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:31:47 PM »
Oh no !
I anticipate a Rollerball IJ 'mode-hole' whinge ahead  *)*

Personally I owned one for about 4 years a while back and thought it was a very decent game.
Would I own one again - NO.
There are some way cooler games out there that I would save up for these days.

Still a decent game but.

DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »
I feel that a good collection of pinball machines should include a Indianna, Addams and a Twilight ofcourse.

Sadly I don't have a good collection by your criteria Caveman. I guess I should probably just get rid of the AFM, BBB, Firepower etc, oh and the BH, HH, Joker Poker.. .. ;) Lots of guys here have **great** collections that don't have any of those three.

Addams - fun game, would own if one came up that was nice and nicely priced (thought about the one Spamways had a little while's back) but not a "must have" - lots of fun though. TZ - well sold mine after six months having bought because so many people couldn't be wrong.. .. to me they were.

Now right on topic - had an Indianna for about a month. Played it heaps - in the first week. Didn't even bother with a farewell game the day I packed it up. Really reminds you of the movies with the theme, music and modes, but the recognisability of that music was also the downfall for mee - it got on my nerves after a while for some reason.

Moral of the story - play 'em and if you love 'em, buy 'em. One man's meat and all that.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
Never owned one but it seems to draw me back for a game but i dont know why !@#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »

Addams is simply an AWESOME machine, but I'd much rather see a CV, SS, MB, AFM, CFTBL or FT than and IJ or TZ. If I had a choice of three DMDs to have a "good collection" - It would be CV, SS and TAF.

IJ - Great theme for a pin but poorly designed. Looks good though, but it is a boring pin. So if I had one (part of a trade in is the only way I'd own one), I'd sell it ASAP to buy a better pin

Might just be ME (probably IS)  %.% But I IJ, TZ and ST TNG are very over rated pins and no one has even been able to tell me WHY they MUST BE part of a collection.

I'm off to play CFTBL  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
Hey Pinniesforme, the reason i said a good pinball collection should include an indy, addams and a twilight zone, is because they are so recognisable to many people. I didnt say that if u didnt have them your collection wasnt good. I probably should have used the word "could" instead of should.

A good pinball collection could include addams, indy and twilight zone.

What i really meant to convey, was that if u wanted to get someone into pinball, who had never played or seen these machines before, a addams, twilight zone and a indy themed pinball all sitting next to each other would give a newby to this hobby an instant brand recognition that would entice people to have a game, enjoy the music and features that the movies had etc etc.

u know what i mean anyway. any collection of pins is good, no matter whats in it or missing, so to speak.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^

also, if u had the "so called" top 5 voted pins of all time (say for example addams, indy, twilight, ster trek next gen, and say a monsters bash etc) you could say to people who have never played one, this is a broad spectrum of machines that most pinball people believe are fun, and worth keeping, enjoy. Espescially, if u say are selling machines for a living, that would be a good collection to "help sell pinballs".

I mean, you wouldnt get rid of these titles and put a no good gofers and a few other b and c grade titles there to promote pinball. u know what i mean, hopefully !
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:43:01 PM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:43:27 PM »
I agree with Nino's post above.  In that price range there are better playing machines IMHO than the three listed as must haves.  I still dream of owning an A list title one day but at the moment I am happy to stick with my budget < $2500 machines that keep me entertained just as well as other A list machines.  Yeah they don't have the WOW factor when you walk in the door to seasoned pinheads but to guys that only see pinball machines and not an A or B list machine, they are just as good.

Some guys love STTNG and yeah it may attract people to the hobby but it can work the other way as well.  Personally if I played that machine as a noobie and thought that is what you get for about $3500-4500 then I think I would keep walking.

Moral to the story as has been mentioned, and luckily we are blessed with a wide variety of machines, is that everyone is different.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »
I dont really rate Pinballs as A or B list machines so long as it something you want.     People still go to my  $500 Gorgar than my $2500 Creature

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »
Does anybody reckon INDIANA JONES is a excellent must have/keeper machine ? and if so why.

Not many people talk much about the game play or features ?  !@#

I will have to have a real good go on one.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
NO in my book not for the money

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 09:53:32 PM »
I dont really rate Pinballs as A or B list machines so long as it something you want.     People still go to my  $500 Gorgar than my $2500 Creature

I would rate Gorgar as an A list machine though, irrespective of purchase price, it has that aura and reputation that makes it a well known and desirable machine.  Maybe instead of A list and B list I could say well known and lesser known machine/s.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
what is this "mode start" flaw on indianna jones i am reading bits n pieces about ?
what or how does it affect gameplay so much ?  why is it an unpopular feature ?

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »

IJ - Great theme for a pin but poorly designed. Looks good though, but it is a boring pin. So if I had one (part of a trade in is the only way I'd own one), I'd sell it ASAP to buy a better pin

Might just be ME (probably IS)  %.% But I IJ, TZ and ST TNG are very over rated pins and no one has even been able to tell me WHY they MUST BE part of a collection.

I'm off to play CFTBL  #@#

IJ, STTNG, TZ all  :tumble:

No they are decent pins, but just dont represent value for playability. Look at the amount of guys who go nuts restoing these titles and flip them less than 12 months later. WHY? its because they realise these machines are not good players, and they can put the $$$ to better use.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »

Might be slightly "off topic" and I hope I don't digress too much. I don't believe in the typical pinheads list of "A" and B" titles etc.. etc..

Medieval Madness is a classic example. If I saw an MM next to a Fishtales - and they were both 9/10 restored/reconditioned - I'd wait in line for a game on FT - even if no one was playing MM. Who decides which of these two games is an "A" list machine ? To me - which ever game "floats your boat" is the "A" list machine.

I enjoy FT, SS, CV, JY, Corvette, TAF and CFTBL

I fall asleep playing MM, ST TNG, IJ and TZ

No mention of DE Games - If I had a choice between IJ and Guns'N'Roses - I'd be jumping on a Gunners in a heartbeat. Buries IJ..

Gotta love pinball  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia