Author Topic: Stern Tron...What do you think??  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern Tron...What do you think??
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
A HUO spiderman sold on the gold coast recently for $4600. It was in excellent condition.
Another SM sold for $5000 to a collector who really wanted it from interstate. I was asked to go look at one for 2 different buyers.
Prices of 2nd hand sterns have come down since new Sterns can be had for $5950 with 6 months warranty.

Also, since a QLD seller recently sold a whack of brand new in box Stern Ironmans (plus other titles brand new) that he bought in from Hungary, and sold them for $4750 or less, that has also brought the prices down in the local market. I was offered one of these Hungary delivered Ironmans recently for 4 grand. It only had a few hundred games on it.
It would be hard to sell a 2nd hand Ironman for more money than people paid for a brand new one since everyone up here knows what people recently paid. Having said that, the Hungary delivered machines also have no factory warranty, which also brings the price of those ones right down.

Any 2nd hand stern in good condition is worth considering. An australian delivered machine will hold its value better. The Tron looks like good buying.

$4600 for sm is a bargain...good unders on one of the best if not the best stern pin made.
There were 4 nib IM from that stock and one used, hardly a whole whack, the rest were nib Avatar( 3). Warranty means little to me when you have beaky the super tech and other quality techs in brisbane to help with any problems, if there are any.It sure beats paying to send it back to sydney and waiting..waiting waiting, after paying top dollar for something that should work with no issues.
Should have grabbed the IM while you had the chance, 4k was a great deal for a game of that quality..good luck getting one at that price again.
It shouldn't matter if you got a great deal and others know the price..bad luck to those who didn't strike while the iron was hot...lol..if you picked a baragin for $1500 and it was worth $2000 or more to a prospective buyer would you sell it for $1500...of course you wouldn't.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:51:48 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
A HUO spiderman sold on the gold coast recently for $4600. It was in excellent condition.
Another SM sold for $5000 to a collector who really wanted it from interstate. I was asked to go look at one for 2 different buyers.
Prices of 2nd hand sterns have come down since new Sterns can be had for $5950 with 6 months warranty.

I've never seen any SM go for those prices. Sounds like a great deal.

ETA...If the seller still has the IM for sale i'd be interested. My NIB is badged Austria.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:10:32 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »

Yeah cavey is right there was a guy on the coast last year who was having trouble selling his for the price he wanted and it went for 5k. Bargain!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »

ETA...If the seller still has the IM for sale i'd be interested. My NIB is badged Austria.

It's still on ebay, I would post a link but I am shithouse when it comes to computers.
Grab one if your keen on it...you will not be disapointed!

Offline chuppa21

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
Hi there,

I have heard bad things regarding this pin and was told is not worth paying more than $3000. How true this is only god knows...

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
Hi there,

I have heard bad things regarding this pin and was told is not worth paying more than $3000. How true this is only god knows...

I think a Tron for 3K would be a very very good bargain if it was in good condition.
What bad things have you heard about it?

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 06:07:53 PM »
Hi there,

Yeah I have heard mixed things but a nice Tron for $3000 I would buy and find out for myself...could always move it on for a profit i didn't like it.
What have you heard???

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »
The audio on the TRON was a little lacking when first released but I believe a gamecode update fixed it and added alot more cool audio. That was the only gripe I have heard from a owner who got one of the first TRON release games. But TRON is a really striking colourful game with beautiful artwork, both cabinet and playfield.

I know this might sound funny, but the artwork on the playfield is very relaxing when u play the game. I am hoping STERN continues with the TRON so I can get one down the track if money permits. Variety is the spice of life. IF u liked the movie, TRON should be a good pick up.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
Crystal balling now, but I predict the price point gap between second hand Stern Pro and LE models to become even more pronounced (particularly Pro models falling)

I would wait on this one for a while (unless it is a must have).

Another outcome that Stern didn't anticipate with the tiered pricing model (or maybe they did?)

Edit:
There is another run of Tron Pro being done as we speak by Stern. Friend in the US just had his delivered yesterday - build date April 19th 2012.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:17:46 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
Crystal balling now, but I predict the price point gap between second hand Stern Pro and LE models to become even more pronounced (particularly Pro models falling)

I would wait on this one for a while (unless it is a must have).

Another outcome that Stern didn't anticipate with the tiered pricing model (or maybe they did?)
Like most things it will come down to supply and demand at the time, some of the Stern pro pins that have not had multiple LE versions made might do better than the ones that have had 2 or 3 LE versions and it might come down to individual titles as well and how popular or unpopular they become with old and new buyers alike.I guess time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:18:13 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
I agree with CC(Daz). Some models will hold their value very well.
If anything some LE models might drop a litle more than others. Some LE models where not many were made might climb.
That Tron is good buying at 4 grand, a complete steal at 3 grand.

The aussie dollar has dropped, so i expect to see the $5950 price to climb on the next new Pro models, but am hoping it doesnt. I wish more Trons were in stock in Australia, but no one has any, making the supply zero. Could help prices stay very good for them.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
I agree with CC(Daz). Some models will hold their value very well.
If anything some LE models might drop a litle more than others. Some LE models where not many were made might climb.
That Tron is good buying at 4 grand, a complete steal at 3 grand.

The aussie dollar has dropped, so i expect to see the $5950 price to climb on the next new Pro models, but am hoping it doesnt. I wish more Trons were in stock in Australia, but no one has any, making the supply zero. Could help prices stay very good for them.

Yep spot on with the complete steal at 3k, I think it's a 4.5k game at least all day but prices have been dropping on just about everything so maybe there are some great bargains on the horizon?
Great artwork and gameplay is fun with cool flow.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
only one reason Stern would re-release TRON... there is a demand for it!

An absolute cracker of a game, complex in its simplicity, certainly not for everyone
but for some reason that machine seems to "gel" and keeps bringing players back to it

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »
only one reason Stern would re-release TRON... there is a demand for it!

An absolute cracker of a game, complex in its simplicity, certainly not for everyone
but for some reason that machine seems to "gel" and keeps bringing players back to it

there would be no demand for a re-release of Tron...the last movie was terrible and did nothing to enhance the rep of the pin.
It will be a very fine stand alone stern ina few yrs plus.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
Where did the $3K for Tron come from ? The cheapest i've seen is the ebay one with a starting bid of $3950.
Personally not a title i would buy after playing at TZ. Maybe I need more time on it.