Author Topic: New Stern Video - The Pin !  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
New Stern Video - The Pin !
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
Stern did a good job on the video...the enthusism just might carry thru to sales to younger familys with mums n dads getting something new that the whole family can do together IF the pricing is correct....if the pricing needs adjusting to get sales moving, both Stern and the retailers will do that quiet quickly to make the stock move off the shelves...

If it helps to get new generations into pinball without all the maintainence hassles of 2nd hand junk, and its lighter n cheaper than the Stern commercial models...then its worth a try...I like the look of this model alot more than i did before...espescially with it being half the weight of the std Pro model...

Good luck to Stern for having a go....and lets hope it gets more new kids away from X Box and adds more family time with Mums n Dads...then Dad can go shopping at Stern for its bigger brother, get hooked with the one is never enough fun disease, and before too long, it might have
a AC/DC, X Men or Avengers family member sitting next to it...and that cant be a bad thing for Pinball...

http://www.sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/Games/the-pin.aspx

Enlarge screen view to largest for best viewing..

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:25:54 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: New Stern Video - The Pin !
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
God it's ugly lol

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »
If people want a toy pin, they will find one that only costs hundreds of dollars

If they want to spend thousands, they will buy the real thing

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
well it's fugly for sure. But does have the same parts as sterns other machines. I could have fun on it, hell it does alot more than my old EMs can!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
go hard or go home, ACDC, if you dont have one you aint nothing
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:40:01 AM by The Stern Opinion »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
This should be the next candidate for TNT Amusements "throw a pin off the top of a building" video.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
not for me, the backbox looks cheap and just does not suit, if it was shaped similar to a standard it would have a better chance.

A pinsider posted this pic which sums it up
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
 %.% classic

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
Not for me either, nothing beats the real deal, just a waste of $$$ imo
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
I actually don't mind where they are going with this. This is aimed at a home with no other pins. I think it could work for them if they get the price point right.

Would i buy one? No, but it would be interesting if these were available when i got into pinball just over a year ago. I was floored by the prices of them, sure i am used to it now and have made adjustments to get the pins i have.

But a machine like this could have got me into the hobby sooner and perhaps can be used as a stepping stone to a full size/featured pin. I like all brands, I lean toward Bally/Williams and Stern though and i must say i don't see the harm here.

My thoughts anyway..... ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
I love the way they make it all even tackier by having the dad wear a Chicago Bears shirt and also a cheap Bears helmet pic on the wall - obviously a cheesy attempt to tying Chicago ( bears ) to Chicago ( pinball ) #@#
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:48:48 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
This should be the next candidate for TNT Amusements "throw a pin off the top of a building" video.

Great idea I agree

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 02:03:06 AM »
I actually don't mind where they are going with this. This is aimed at a home with no other pins. I think it could work for them if they get the price point right.

Would i buy one? No, but it would be interesting if these were available when i got into pinball just over a year ago. I was floored by the prices of them, sure i am used to it now and have made adjustments to get the pins i have.

But a machine like this could have got me into the hobby sooner and perhaps can be used as a stepping stone to a full size/featured pin. I like all brands, I lean toward Bally/Williams and Stern though and i must say i don't see the harm here.

My thoughts anyway..... ^^^

+ 1

any 12 yr old kid who has never seen a pinball machine, or even a older person who is also new to pinball, would have alot of fun with this machine...remember, we are all used to the Pro, Premium and LE models etc, plus all the Bally/Williams/Data East/Gottlieb/Sega models n sizes etc...but if u had never seen or played a pinny before, (which the vast majority of people today have not), this wouldnt be anything but a exciting and fun positive addition to anyones house. Playing n sharing this with other kids in the street would make u very popular real quick.lol

Re the games playfield etc, there is plenty of moving stuff, Leds, flashers, its bright n modern looking, it looks fun, and it gets kids n mums n dads together doing something as a family unit..also, locking balls that way on the left ramp teaches rewards for decent shot placement n the basis of good pinny rules/gameplay, i thought that was a simple n neat idea....and before too long, dad will catch the "one is never enough fun disease" as will the kids, and before long, a X men, AC/DC, Avengers or the next big brother will make an appearance side by side...thats probably the overall aim.
Even if it gets more people to the Stern website, its a winner already potentially.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:10:59 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »
Yeah it looks cheap but it also looks like a better player than the TF pro model.
 #@#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"