Author Topic: New Stern Video - The Pin !  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Video - The Pin !
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
are they better made though? certainly dont seem to the quality of wms/bally anyway. The new boards are populated with SMDs, not the kind of stuff we will be able to fix ourselves.

...I almost didnt post that bit... im TOLD they are better made. But have to agree...SMD is a kick in the balls for the home owner/ repairer ( cmon - we ALL do it!) and also a cost saving exercise for Stern

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »
A good point to remember, is that the cost of a replacement board thru Bruce at AMD is less than what the average person would try n charge to have one fixed etc...seen the size of the latest AC/DC and X Men 2 x computer boards....compact n inexpensive to replace...most run 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, year after year, and still dont have issues..u hardly ever hear of a Aussie Stern board requiring work, espescially HUO machines. Never seen one yet or even heard of a HUO board needing anything.

The new Stern board designs should be better again, which should translate to even better reliability.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »
Shocking decision IMO. Way over priced and it looks cheap and nasty. I can't see this toy doing anything positive for Stern.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
A good point to remember, is that the cost of a replacement board thru Bruce at AMD is less than what the average person would try n charge to have one fixed etc...seen the size of the latest AC/DC and X Men 2 x computer boards....compact n inexpensive to replace...most run 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, year after year, and still dont have issues..u hardly ever hear of a Aussie Stern board requiring work, espescially HUO machines. Never seen one yet or even heard of a HUO board needing anything.

The new Stern board designs should be better again, which should translate to even better reliability.

Out of interest.. how much is a replacement?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
They started selling this in Cosco today for $2499 US and Gary said at the Sydney talk that they will be doing a Avengers version in the near future.

Some guys have been going to the shop and playing and said it played alright, the price needs to come down to $1000 for families to consider it though
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts