Author Topic: cant view rest of the forum?  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
cant view rest of the forum?
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:10:31 PM »
ok for some reason the only thing on my front page of this forum is the new posts?? has been like this for about a week now, here is a screen shot. any admin able to shine some light on this? and because of this i had to go into my own posts section look for a post i made in this section to make this post here. it was the only way i could view any other section besides new posts. hoping this could be rectified is this only with me or others as well? cheers
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:12:41 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: cant view rest of the forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
Aaaah!! I had this problem a while back... Ebay went all cranky on me also.

Someone ( i cant remember who, but i thank you) on this forum came up with the solution. I think all i had to do was clear my cache, turn comp off then on again and all was back to normal

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:55 PM »
CLEAR YOUR BISCUITS - SORRY, SEPPO TERM - COOKIES!!!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
Aaaah!! I had this problem a while back... Ebay went all cranky on me also.

Someone ( i cant remember who, but i thank you) on this forum came up with the solution. I think all i had to do was clear my cache, turn comp off then on again and all was back to normal

i thought maybe it was because i was using firefox, but the same was with Internet explorer and then i thought maybe it was this computer, so i tried it on my other computer and my ipod touch and my missus iphone, all the same thing. i didnt say anything earlier to be honest i was waiting for some one else to bring it up if it was an issue every one was having, because its been a week and no one else said anything i thought i will ask as maybe  the issue wasnt seen by every one. id really love to find a solution to this cheers

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
ok that worked, its strange every device i on has the same problem, but doesn't matter now i know that's all that is needed,  clearing cach didnt workl but clearing temp internet files was the trick,thank you for the help cheers guys
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:42:06 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »
mmmmmm...you got one of them fandangle phones that makes cups of tea etc and you can "sinc"it or update through your computer?

That could be your problem right there

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »
smart phones they are so........................................................DUMB!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
mmmmmm...you got one of them fandangle phones that makes cups of tea etc and you can "sinc"it or update through your computer?

That could be your problem right there

lol i dont, the missus does lol, i have an ipod touch that i use for emails and surfing this site and others whilest at work, im too pov to have one of those fancy iphones, my ipod touch is vituraly the same though, i managed to get enough $20 gift cards at jbhi last chrissy to get one lol. oh and the missus informed me the term is SYNC lol,

and yer smart phones are dumb, but what is even stupider than that is a smart tv. never has watching tv ever been so bloody hard.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:03:34 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »
This catches some people sometimes - see the plus I have highlighted? If you click it, it expands the forums back. Try it - it will be a minus now, click and you get that contracted view and it turns into a plus. Click again, back to normal.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »
This catches some people sometimes - see the plus I have highlighted? If you click it, it expands the forums back. Try it - it will be a minus now, click and you get that contracted view and it turns into a plus. Click again, back to normal.

ahaha i bet that was the bloody problem too, i just clocked that after you said it and the forum went back to how it was before i deleted temp internet files clicked again and bingo its big. and it must save that to my preferences on forum viewing in my account so iff i log in from any where it keeps that setting, cos now on all the devices it shows it back to normal,even the stupid iphone wow to think it was that simple and i was about to see if a smart phone could fly as i had no idea how to clear the cache on that thing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:14:45 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »
and i was about to see if a smart phone could fly as i had no idea how to clear the cache on that thing.

Im told they do.. very well. Feel free to try it though

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 12:18:33 AM »
and i was about to see if a smart phone could fly as i had no idea how to clear the cache on that thing.

Im told they do.. very well. Feel free to try it though

lol, i hear they also help you become single if you test the theory on the missus phone, could be worth it? lol

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »
CLEAR YOUR BISCUITS - SORRY, SEPPO TERM - COOKIES!!!

LOL %.%

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »
I use an iPad to surf this site with no problems   #@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.