Author Topic: Jungle Queen Restore  (Read 346 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Jungle Queen Restore
« on: January 28, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
i picked up my first EM and am cleaning it up. I'm trying something i haven't seen anyone do before so I thought I would post some info here. The playfield had some damage that someone touched up. While they didn't do I bad job I thought I could do it better digitally.

Here you can see the pop bumper area that had been touched up and mylared

I shot a photograph of the area and cleaned it up in photoshop. This wasn't the final image (I fixed a couple of minor imperfections.

Then I printed the test image on a transparency to test the fit. The image was slightly askew but the color match was close:

I fixed the skew and it lines up exactly:

I'm going to clearcoat the playfield and then print the images on decal paper and apply them to the clear. Once that's done a few additional coats of clear and it should be good. I'm re-doing all of the flowers, the two areas in front of this dish and probably the lettering in front of the drop targets. I'll post more as it's done.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Jungle Queen Restore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

How cool is that ! Well done Chuck.

Now just remember, you cannot retro fit nucore to an EM, so don't get any ideas  &&

I guess you will be levelling off the area with the touch up, then applying the clearcoat ?

What will you be using for the CC process ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Re: Jungle Queen Restore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »

How cool is that ! Well done Chuck.

Now just remember, you cannot retro fit nucore to an EM, so don't get any ideas  &&

I guess you will be levelling off the area with the touch up, then applying the clearcoat ?

What will you be using for the CC process ?

varathane. applying a few base coats to level inserts and wear. Then I sand it smooth, apply the decals, and final clear.